Finally...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
KJPilot.....real nice...it looks good lifted. I like the dark green also.

Dave

bgjeep

Reaction score
in the pic on the right it looks like the rear spring is about to come out. am i seeing that right? what kind of rear shocks do you have in there?

looks great though!

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the pic on the right it looks like the rear spring is about to come out. am i seeing that right? what kind of rear shocks do you have in there?

looks great though!

I see what your saying, the spring looks like it came off the plate and the bump stop is pulling out the top

I could just be crazy though.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you guys caught me! I didn't even notice until after I started resizing the photo for the site. The upper bump stop missed the lower bump stop, so the pass side squatted lower than it should. Interestingly, that loose spring was the only issue with the situation.

I'm thinking of switching to hockey pucks for the bottoms. If I were doing a fresh install, I'd move the JBA lower bump stop forward ~1"

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey kjpilot,what is the spring rate on your front coils? Marlin send us 450lbs front coils and ride height is full droop,or should I say the limits of the UCA's,and that's after a month riding on the front coils.We had to ditch the whole front set-up after Marlins so called "fix" for the front because it lengthened the coil/strut assembly to the point of not being able to put them in because they are to damn long(bad enough we had the use a ratchet strap around the UCA and LCA to even put the castle nut on the UBJ's in the first place,no way to do that with the new strut plates,over 2" to compress those 450lbs springs).A upper strut plate does not change the spring rate,only the preload of the coil,there is zero front flex with those 450lbs springs.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are 450lb also. I do have compression with weight on the wheels, but not a lot. The ride on most roads is fine but bumpy roads are pretty harsh. The other day I strapped two 60lb sand bags to my front bumper to simulate the weight of Skid Row plates & an ARB bumper. I got another 1/2 inch of compression & the ride became firm, but nice. I gave this info to Marlin & told him that I think the springs are just too stiff. He's going to be looking in to this. He told me that he has a few new orders, & wants to get this taken care of before he sends them out.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are 450lb also. I do have compression with weight on the wheels, but not a lot. The ride on most roads is fine but bumpy roads are pretty harsh. The other day I strapped two 60lb sand bags to my front bumper to simulate the weight of Skid Row plates & an ARB bumper. I got another 1/2 inch of compression & the ride became firm, but nice. I gave this info to Marlin & told him that I think the springs are just too stiff. He's going to be looking in to this. He told me that he has a few new orders, & wants to get this taken care of before he sends them out.
Ya those 450lbs springs are just to stiff,his fix first tested on Joe Jeepers he used 350lbs springs.We have harped on him about the springs since the first time we installed them,at least drop them to 400lbs,with the 450lbs coils Dave was getting 5.5" of lift in the front,way to much for a KJ,he can't even use 4wd because of it.The rear springs are perfect.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with 4wd or bad noises, just the harsh ride. I got the modified JE Reel front axles. Did Dave get his CV cups shaved yet?

...And thanks Socks!

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, great looking ride! That lift makes the 245s look like baby wheels. The picture of your rear tire stuffed is about how my unlifted looks on level ground :eek:, and the other side looks crazy SHOCKED.gif! I cannot wait to see what that monster will look like with your 32 or 33s.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! Based on the observations from the first 2 lifts, Marlin is adjusting the spring rates on the front of the lift kit. He doing the "lab work" now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a dent on the passanger side above liberty badge.