fender flares: mod or fabricate for a Renegade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For over a year now I've been hunting for a front-passenger side 03' Renegade flare, and I'm about to give up. Everything I've found is too pricey for me. So, I've considered trying to mod a regular flare into a Renny, make one from scratch, or convert a pair of 05'-07's to work somehow.

Has anyone tried any of these things?
And for the 05'+, I thought I read somewhere that they'd fit an 03' if the bumper was swapped also. Anybody know if this is true, or if there's more that would need to be changed?

Thank you, I appreciate any input or suggestions!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For over a year now I've been hunting for a front-passenger side 03' Renegade flare, and I'm about to give up. Everything I've found is too pricey for me. So, I've considered trying to mod a regular flare into a Renny, make one from scratch, or convert a pair of 05'-07's to work somehow.

Has anyone tried any of these things?
And for the 05'+, I thought I read somewhere that they'd fit an 03' if the bumper was swapped also. Anybody know if this is true, or if there's more that would need to be changed?

Thank you, I appreciate any input or suggestions!

To swap in a 05-07 flares and bumper there is a lot more involved
Keep looking for the right parts

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To swap in a 05-07 flares and bumper there is a lot more involved
Keep looking for the right parts

Ah, I was afraid of that. I've never seen a 05-07 'naked,' so I've no idea just how different the body structure is under there. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Keseleth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I've been haunting Car-Part.com almost daily. The flares listed either can't be shipped, or are too expensive for me at the moment. (I just had to replace a window reg. clip, coolant tank and hose, and spark plugs. Last month it was the radiator, both radiator hoses, thermostat, and water pump.) Did most of it myself, but I'm still broke. :icon_frown: The Jeep has been a restoration project of sorts, and I am itching to get it finished and sold.
Thank you, though!