EVS I Security System 2003 Jeep Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First I would like to say this is my first post and offer a warm "Hello!"

I've always looked around on the forum and was always enjoying reading about everyone's Jeep experiences!

I've got a question myself:

I was thinking about adding a security system to my 2003 Jeep Liberty, in particular, the one by Mopar. I have keyless entry already and I don't have remote start, so I believe I can get the EVS I as opposed to the EVS II.

The problem I've ran into is finding out if the model I'm looking at will work in my 2003. All of the web sites I've looked at that are selling the parts say it only works on the 06-07 (82209700AB). When I called them and talked to some on the phone, they were saying it should work on the 2003, but when I called the 800-34MOPAR number in the manual for it, the person there said the dealer was wrong and that it wouldn't work.

He said something about the wiring might be different in the 2003 vs 2006-2007.

Has anyone successfully installed the Mopar EVS I Security System for Keyless Entry Systems in his 2003 Jeep Liberty?

Or does anyone have any advice for a fellow Jeep owner :) ?

Thanks! :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

1) I don't know if I can help but I will tell you my thoughts. Go to the dealer (see the service manager)and get a price on the installation. They will have to look up the part # and hopefully they will know which one it is. So they will have to look up the parts to have a parts price (which will show the part #) and seperate labor cost. Ask them for a written estimate and see if you can get a copy and then tell them you want to think about it or wait until payday or something. Then you can get the parts and do it yourself. Also Mopar parts will have instructions.

2) Another option.......Go to the dealer parts counter and tell him what you want to do and same scenario. He will have to look up the part # and double check and get the # and make sure it is right.

As far as I know, electronic parts might not be returnable so you need to get the right parts.

It's either that or let the dealer install it and they will then have to warranty it.

Dave

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for your response :)

In fact, part of my reason coming here was to clear up some problems I had trying options 1 and 2.

I would prefer to do the installation myself, and I have looked at a manual for a system that I'm not certain would be for the 03 KJ or not...

None of the dealers around here had it locally, and I would not mind ordering, but I want to order the right one...but it seems like every dealer has a different explanation about the alarm system for the 2003...

If anyone who has had experience with installing security systems in his Liberty, especially if it is a 2003 KJ, please share your experiences...

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online