Engine stalls! Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catdogbus

Reaction score
it only happens when backing up now. it has a new transmission, new rear end (just about, rims are oringal). new raditor, new spark plugs (put in monday) and new power steering everything and all new fluids in everything.. when i back up sometimes (and mainly if im turning hard to eirther side) the engine will shake and stall and i have to crank it right back up and then it drives find? i cant find out whats wrong with it please help me! sorry for the typos

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since you dont know what it is you probably need one ... it tells the computer when to shift and how to shift... this could be the issue

catdogbus

Reaction score
they shop clearned the codes on monday. and wouldn't the shop have done a re-learn when they put in the new trans?

catdogbus

Reaction score
the codes were the spark plugs because one was misfiring so got them all replaced and then an O2 sensor was bad and got it replaced

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a misfire is normally the coil pack not the plug.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also if the o2 sensor wasn't the same as the other 3 yer gonna have problems with it too ... i believe oem ones are NGK if you have a bosch and 3 ngk yer gonna have trouble soon

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ask about if they learned the transmission if they did then you need a copil pac probably but it could be the wiring to the coilpack and not the pack itself.

catdogbus

Reaction score
they put all new plugs in because i asked them too since i am about to hit 100,000, and and ill call him tonight (hes a family friend) and ask.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do that then ... if the misfire is on the same cylinder take the coil pac off and put it on a different cylinder it should then jump there ... easy way to test without putting a pac in

Latest posts

Members online