End of an Era

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents after careful consideration of how bad the rot on the underside of my jeep is progressing I decided it was time to move on before it became unsafe and compromised the integrity of the unibody. I got $2k on a trade in towards this beautiful F150 at my dealer that I work at.

I'm obviously gonna stick around with you guys since you're all a good bunch. Now time to turn the page into the next chapter of life and vehicle ownership. I'll miss the memories I've made in the Jeep and will never forget them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice F150! I had a crew cab 5.0 2016 one as a rental about a month ago and it was a smooth, powerful ride.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes very nice truck
I really like the way the new Chevy's look in the front
At least you got your time with the KJ, some of us will move on from ours as well sooner or later if they run into issues like what you had or just want something new
I can't say I'm going to keep mine forever, just until it dies on me
But, I'm going to have fun building it as my own while I have it running good now and hope for the best!
Good luck with the new truck and hopefully you can show us some pictures once you get her lifted :waytogo:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as towing, in smooth/ comfort, nothing is better than an F-150.
There is something to be said for long wheel base for sure.:gr_grin:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice F150! I had a crew cab 5.0 2016 one as a rental about a month ago and it was a smooth, powerful ride.

Oh yea it rides great, even better than the jeep did. And it's wayyyy faster than it ever was

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride! Did you get the 3.5 EcoBoost? Father in law had a 2012, 2015 and now 2016 lariat Sport with the 3.5 and loves it. Gets crazy good fuel economy even while pulling a 32' travel trailer. Towing and hauling is one of the reasons I got another truck and ended up parting with my KJ. I still browse and make lewd comments :D

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the new 2.7 which is slightly faster than the 3.5 which is why I went with it ;)
Now I've got plenty of room to haul whatever I need to to where ever I need to

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no back to stock part out thread first?
son, I am disappoint.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now ya got a truck you'll need a trailer queen jeep to tow to the trail. ;)

I like the f150, it does not feel like a truck at all. On the hwy it has incredible manners, plus as you say room to pack things in.
Mine is the older 07 with 330 motor. I'm sure the newer models have a improved ride. I'm just not sure about the turbo and twin turbo in this application. Turbo can be an Achilles heel .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk