Econo-lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlday70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is the deal. I have a 2005 Liberty and the stock suspension is horrible. My question is; does the Tommud econo-lift 3.5 improve the ride comfort of the liberty? After a few months of research this Tom seems to be the SME when it comes to Liberty lifts, and the 3.5 is the lift I am almost 100% set on(when I get the money of course). I just want to make sure the ride will be improved since I spend a ton of time on the road and the Liberty is my home away from home.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the springs that came on all KJs 2X4 propped up in the spring pockets would ride better ha ha
But yes depending on what height you want to go with any of the Ironman and OME kits ride far better than stock. I replaced my stock suspension at 20,ooo miles and it rode way better.
But whichever way you go it'll ride/handle much better on and off road , better control etc
The Econo kit was based on getting a complete kit together with all good parts for a good price, basically it was so people had one source and we didn't have to keep answering the same question LOL
Mines been lifted over 170,000 miles with various lifts and the only thing I would of done differently was to have had a full spring kit to install the day I bought it

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this kit. The ride is SO much better than it was stock. Was worth every penny. It's much more than just a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And I have no clue as to what a SME even is
I guess it could be good
or
it could really be bad
either way :banana-mario:

jlday70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies folks. Tom I will most likely be ordering this first thing next year. I live in the Snow belt and will be doing this in my driveway so doing the work in the winter months is out of the question.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also plan on ordering this kit come spring for the same reason. I'm just wondering if I require anything else other then what comes in the kit?
I have an 06 limited 4wd. I want my lib to sit with the factory rake. I'm not fond of the level look.
Another quick question. I have the 17" factory rims and want to swap the tires when I do the lift. What size tire is suggested? I don't want to get into changing gears in the back end.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes with everything needed but I'd recommend getting bumps tops as well.

Mine has the raked look with the front lower than the rear. I went with the HD CRD front springs and .375 clevis. I actually want mine level but I'm done messing with it for right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kj2002vzla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there, well i also have this lift and it rides awesome and it can handle really ******** threatment. i live in Venezuela and as you may know, the cost of the shipping was horribly expensive so i went to miami to pick up my lift (the shipping was from JBA to miami) and i managed to fit the entire lift into 2 suitcases, both weighted around 100 pounds. so i had to pay the plane ticket, hotel, food etc. and ask me if it was worth it. Totally!!! the ride is awesome, it comes with everything you need and now i have an awesome looking KJ. i wish i could upgrade the front end to coilovers but they´re really expesive (about 30/thirty months worth of minimun wages ). If you can get it, dont think it twice, buy it!!

Happy thanksgiving to everyone!!!

KevCon223

Reaction score
Hi there, well i also have this lift and it rides awesome and it can handle really ******** threatment. i live in Venezuela and as you may know, the cost of the shipping was horribly expensive so i went to miami to pick up my lift (the shipping was from JBA to miami) and i managed to fit the entire lift into 2 suitcases, both weighted around 100 pounds. so i had to pay the plane ticket, hotel, food etc. and ask me if it was worth it. Totally!!! the ride is awesome, it comes with everything you need and now i have an awesome looking KJ. i wish i could upgrade the front end to coilovers but they´re really expesive (about 30/thirty months worth of minimun wages ). If you can get it, dont think it twice, buy it!!

Happy thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Does the lift work well without cut down CV's?? I'm ready to order it, just want to be sure...

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the lift work well without cut down CV's?? I'm ready to order it, just want to be sure...

It's under 4" so you won't need to have shaved CV's. Wouldn't hurt to have if you got them but it's not needed. I've had the kit on almost a year and I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

KevCon223

Reaction score
It's under 4" so you won't need to have shaved CV's. Wouldn't hurt to have if you got them but it's not needed. I've had the kit on almost a year and I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

And what about the clevis spacer? I will have an ARB bumper installed also, should I go with .375 or .500? I'm looking for the leveled look...

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what about the clevis spacer? I will have an ARB bumper installed also, should I go with .375 or .500? I'm looking for the leveled look...

I would go with the .375. I've been told the .5 spacer is to much. It's sort of trial and error because every KJ will be different. Mine I went with the HD Ironman springs and .375 clevis.

At first everything was an even 23" all around. The rear hasn't changed and I'm still at 23" there but the front I am currently settled an inch lower. I have nothing up front (aside from a cut up stock bumper). It drove me crazy since I wanted to be sitting even not raked like that. I'm not sure if it's because I chose the Diesel HD springs so they make me sit a bit lower up front. I've gotten used to it now though. Still plenty of room for flex and the tires so it serves it's purpose.

KevCon223

Reaction score
I would go with the .375. I've been told the .5 spacer is to much. It's sort of trial and error because every KJ will be different. Mine I went with the HD Ironman springs and .375 clevis.

At first everything was an even 23" all around. The rear hasn't changed and I'm still at 23" there but the front I am currently settled an inch lower. I have nothing up front (aside from a cut up stock bumper). It drove me crazy since I wanted to be sitting even not raked like that. I'm not sure if it's because I chose the Diesel HD springs so they make me sit a bit lower up front. I've gotten used to it now though. Still plenty of room for flex and the tires so it serves it's purpose.

That's got me thinking now...Maybe the .5 would make me level, especially with the ARB bumper. I also thought the CRD springs were the same length, just heavier duty for the increased weight, am I wrong on that?