DWM Seeks AJP For Wild Weekend, Maybe More

Did I Miss Anything?

• Nope, You're Good. Go Ahead And Order It Already

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, Dummy, You Did (Tell me what it is by posting in the thread)

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess you could always get some spring compressors or put it back on the ground for that part.

The shocks could be a bit trickier too. I use a jack to compress them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd do a full day
I'm sure you'll run into complications and take some breaks and time will fly faster than you think

I think using a lift would make it easier just so you can stand and work on the stuff instead of being crouched over the whole time
I was VERY sore after finishing mine
I wouldn't think it would save a lot of time using one, but it'd make everything easier and make your body feel better once finished

Way easier on the ground IMO and I'm over 60 and fat :help::happy175:
with no complications, 3 hours tops, with some bolts being rusted 4 possibly then alignment
We always started at 9, and dropped the KJ off for an alignment at 12-12:30 and went to lunch , done

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Questions:

1. If we were to do two Jeeps could we get it done in half a day? Or would reserving the bay for a full day be safer? (I'm guessing the latter.) This is assuming there are two guys working together and helping each other.
  2. Would we need a lift? The price is significantly different, but if it save gobs of time and makes it easier I'd go for it.

Full day unless you have 2-3 people who have done them before
No lift needed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IF you had 2 KJs to do, at least one person who had done a lift before, and 2-3 people that would listen to what needs done and not stand with their thumb up their as* and the other hand on a cell phone its doable
Long day but doable
Plus how many are getting UCAs and hoping none are friggin CRDs
( I'll never do another set of arms on a CRD )

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
¿¿Por que??

I've only done 2 CRDs first one wasn't too bad, but the second one fought me all of the way ( as far as the drivers side UCA went)
Its also the one the guy stiffed me for a bunch of money, so I'd rather not ever do another one!:favorites68::favorites68:
For those that have never seen a CRD up close and personal, the gassers rear bolt on the left side is a breeze compared to them. You can't even see the rear bolt and getting your hands down in there is well interesting . :favorites68::Insane::Insane::emotions34:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out they are still in business! I called today and a very nice lady told me they just don't answer the phone on the weekends. That's the good news.

The bad news? They are booked through JANUARY. :pp:

Would be quicker to plan a trip to the good Reverend.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
In Tanzania? I bet I could get there by January if I really had to.

No, the good Reverend Dr. Mudd is holed up in a safe house where they steal your BBQ and want you to stay as dirty as possible. I don't think they'd like to see the Possum Dodger in pieces in his driveway.

(I've had a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder for over a month. Today the Dr. gave me some muscle relaxers. Can you tell?)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would be quicker to plan a trip to the good Reverend.

If the Good Reverend had room would be a no brainer
I have went from a 3 car with room to work on 20 outside, to a two car with room to work on 3, now a one car with a very broken Kili sitting inside so no room at the Inn for the Prof ! :favorites68::help::favorites68:

BUT trying to get the Kili torn down over the next few days and get her out of here
so ?????

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
(I've had a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder for over a month. Today the Dr. gave me some muscle relaxers. Can you tell?)
Massage time & oh..Get Better soon !
57169[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• bullwinkle%20%20Relaxants.jpg
    bullwinkle%20%20Relaxants.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
In Tanzania? I bet I could get there by January if I really had to.

No, the good Reverend Dr. Mudd is holed up in a safe house where they steal your BBQ and want you to stay as dirty as possible. I don't think they'd like to see the Possum Dodger in pieces in his driveway.

The funny thing is, everything in that post of mine last night is accurate. All of it.

Massage time & oh..Get Better soon !
In honor of that picture I am going to pop another Tizanidine right now. :happy175:

Just PM'd you with some possible good news :gr_grin:
I'm working my way through my PMs, but saw a preview. Could it actually be...?!!! :pepper:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
YES IT COULD BE
yes we have a garage
we have a very knowledgeable garage owner
and so its on :winner_third_h4h: