Driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently had my Jeep in 4WD and heard a clicking noise and after crawling underneath found the boot blown out on the driveshaft end going into the transfer case. Got an estimate for a new one at the dealership for $625.00 and decided for now, I am just going to pull driveshaft and look for a different source. OEM driveshafts dont seem to be working for me. Not a ******** offroader but this will be the third DS i have had on this Jeep. Was wondering if anyone had a source for a driveshaft? I found one for $240 from a place called Axles of Dearborn with a lifetime guarantee. Anyone else ever buy one of these from there? Only going to keep this Jeep for another year before I trade it in for another Jeep, so I really dont need to spend 600 bucks!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to pull a part or junk yard
Pull yokes and drive shaft from the front
of a YJ XJ or TJ
Install yokes
Measure for length
Install a grease zerk at furthest point of slip joint
On the female side
Have drive shaft adjusted and balanced
Install in your jeep

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to pull a part or junk yard
Pull yokes and drive shaft from the front
of a YJ XJ or TJ
Install yokes
Measure for length
Install a grease zerk at furthest point of slip joint
On the female side
Have drive shaft adjusted and balanced
Install in your jeep

Ry & Jen just did something like this, didn't they?

For the OP, it truly is a simple fix with a C-note - and you get $20 or so in change. So many have been told they have to replace the entire shaft and it's just a simple CV joint that is shot. Anymore they're so cheap it isn't worth calling a dealer parts dept and getting the run-around. :emotions122:

Bob