Driver Door Lock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my new-to-me 2002 Liberty has an issue with the drivers door lock. It automatically locks when put in gear, when shut off locks stay down. When you hit "unlock" on electric switch all doors unlock properly. Problem is when you manually open the door with inside handle the lock knob will start to rise, then fall back into lock position(door goes ahead and opens). So far I've not been locked out, but it's a matter of when, not if it's gonna happen.

Anybody know what's broke/worn inside door to cause this?

Bob

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the trim ... if its the solenoid its easy but sometimes they fall off the little clip in there and wont go up "properly" dont do too much you may break your power window actuator too lol cheap door parts for everyone!

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window acutator works 94% of the time. It's the other 6% that's a real *****. Have to slam the door repeatedly to jar it into functioning when it doesn't work. I've been told this is most likely the motor going out, and have a new one ordered. Think I'll wait till it's in hand to disassemble door and take a look.

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this would cause what you describe, but it will take two minutes to find out: Check and see if the child protection mechanism is engaged or semi-engaged.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a CPD on the front drivers door?

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. I was somehow inserting the word "rear" in there. :emotions34: