Jeep KK door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.rich

Reaction score
I’m having trouble with my power door locks on my 2012 Jeep Liberty

Sometimes when unlocking/locking at both the driver side or passenger side nothing happens (it sounds like it’s working) other times it locks when I click unlock, while other times it works perfectly.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

Also- not sure if this could be related but a few months back it started unlocking itself. I removed the battery from the key fob & just started manually unlocking/locking
A pain but this stopped the unlocking on its own
(tried replacing fob battery beforehand as well)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years back mine had similar issues and it turned out that the key fob was malfunctioning. Removed battery and it stopped constantly locking/unlocking itself when I was in range.

Not having enough force to lock or unlock the doors sounds like it could be a different issue. Make sure your battery isn’t weak and needing replaced.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I hit the unlock button on the arm rest it doesn’t seem to do the trick. If I hit unlock multiple times it still doesn’t work. But if I hit lock and then unlock it always works. Not sure why.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
EEK Scary !
You must be registered for see images attach

Check with a dealer & ask if there are any known electrical issues regarding the locks.
I wonder if there may be a firmware update..??

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Failing main battery can cause odd stuff to happen. When my battery gave up it wouldn't start but the rear glass opened when I turned the key. Some have found the rear glass opened by itself when the battery got weak. Maybe that's just a CRD feature.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Liberty did this when my key fob went bad. It would randomly lock/unlock with the added benefit of also rolling down all the windows. I bought a new fob and programmed it and it's been fine since. Putting a new battery in the old fob didn't affect the behavior at all and I could see nothing physically wrong with the board. If you want to program KK keys yourself it's fairly easy, doesn't work for the KJ as another member and I found out but KK is good. Information in other posts.

Latest posts

Members online