Jeep KK door lock issue

Discussion in 'KK General Discussion' started by A.rich, Aug 13, 2020.

1. A.rich

A.rich New Member

I’m having trouble with my power door locks on my 2012 Jeep Liberty

Sometimes when unlocking/locking at both the driver side or passenger side nothing happens (it sounds like it’s working) other times it locks when I click unlock, while other times it works perfectly.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

Also- not sure if this could be related but a few months back it started unlocking itself. I removed the battery from the key fob & just started manually unlocking/locking
    A pain but this stopped the unlocking on its own
    (tried replacing fob battery beforehand as well)

2. lfhoward

lfhoward Full Access Member

A few years back mine had similar issues and it turned out that the key fob was malfunctioning. Removed battery and it stopped constantly locking/unlocking itself when I was in range.

Not having enough force to lock or unlock the doors sounds like it could be a different issue. Make sure your battery isn’t weak and needing replaced.

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when I hit the unlock button on the arm rest it doesn’t seem to do the trick. If I hit unlock multiple times it still doesn’t work. But if I hit lock and then unlock it always works. Not sure why.

3. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

EEK Scary !
    [​IMG]
    Check with a dealer & ask if there are any known electrical issues regarding the locks.
    I wonder if there may be a firmware update..??

4. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Failing main battery can cause odd stuff to happen. When my battery gave up it wouldn't start but the rear glass opened when I turned the key. Some have found the rear glass opened by itself when the battery got weak. Maybe that's just a CRD feature.

5. John P.

John P. Full Access Member

My Liberty did this when my key fob went bad. It would randomly lock/unlock with the added benefit of also rolling down all the windows. I bought a new fob and programmed it and it's been fine since. Putting a new battery in the old fob didn't affect the behavior at all and I could see nothing physically wrong with the board. If you want to program KK keys yourself it's fairly easy, doesn't work for the KJ as another member and I found out but KK is good. Information in other posts.