Double din radio install in my liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennisjtm

Reaction score
Hi I just installed a double din radio in my 2004 limited liberty
New bezel from a company selling them on eBay
Just do a search for jeep liberty 2004 radio install kit
It will come up just that easy
2002 is not possible But 03 thru 07 no problem
Its not easy but worth the time
You will need a few things
Jig saw
Router
Cut off drummel tool
I replaced my outlet
Impossible to get the old one out
Any question Just email me

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one in my wish list at Amazon but have been waiting to hear that at least one other person has done this and liked it. Mainly, I don't want to pay that much money without some idea of the quality and fit of the replacement bezel.

I would love some pics and a mini-review! :favorites13:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine modded his original bezel and it looked great. I'm not a Bondo expert, so don't know how I would do if I tried to duplicate it. I wonder if my drywall finishing experience would help... :hat:

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing that has me hesitating is mine is a 06 limited with the silver trim pieces

sent by telegraph from my k30

Dennisjtm

Reaction score
Hi double din pictures

Hi mine came out perfect Not easy install But the final result was perfect As far as the limited issue with the chrome bezel I ordered a black shifter bezel too and it will look factory with that piece on. Hopefully u like my picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 259

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that came out beautiful! I was really thinking it'd be difficult with the convex shape of the bezel up there. How much filling, if any, did you have to do to get it "flat"?

I'm putting a JVC double din in my Camaro next month...maybe I should pick one up for the Jeep to modernize it too. There's some pretty cool stuff you can do with mirrorlink and Android...hacked versions allow you to fully mirror your phone up on the display.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, nice! Little pricey, but totally worth it with how great it looks!

Only bummer is it looks like it's not reversible...once you cut out the factory supports, no putting a single din or the factory 1.5 din back in, eh?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, nice! Little pricey, but totally worth it with how great it looks!

Only bummer is it looks like it's not reversible...once you cut out the factory supports, no putting a single din or the factory 1.5 din back in, eh?

Yeah that's the reason I haven't done it yet.. not sure if I want it to be permanent

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the reason I haven't done it yet.. not sure if I want it to be permanent

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse
That's why I installed a good single DIN flipout.Have all the nice features of a double DIN with zero mods.

My Town Car has a double DIN from the factory but still needed mods to fit a aftermarket double DIN,what kind a crap is that?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I installed a good single DIN flipout.Have all the nice features of a double DIN with zero mods.

My Town Car has a double DIN from the factory but still needed mods to fit a aftermarket double DIN,what kind a crap is that?

Wow, damn! That blows. Surprised a town car has a double....seemed Ford mostly had singles in the 80's and 90's. What year Town Car?

chadstoks

Reaction score
I got the one off eBay and installed it in my 03 without too much trouble. Looks stock and really fit well. I believe you can order a real tree camo one from them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk