Door Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjman2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so I just installed four new alpine speakers in my 07 and they sound great. Installation was simple and everything went as planned, except for one of my doors. One of my door panels doesn't want to snap back into place near the bottom corner, so theres about an 1/8th" - 1/4" of play in the panel. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to keep a door panel snug?

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so I just installed four new alpine speakers in my 07 and they sound great. Installation was simple and everything went as planned, except for one of my doors. One of my door panels doesn't want to snap back into place near the bottom corner, so theres about an 1/8th" - 1/4" of play in the panel. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to keep a door panel snug?

You'll probably have to get new snap fastener things for the door panel. They can get damaged when you remove the door panel.

kjman2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a dealer item? Because my local auto parts store definitely doesn't carry them, sadly.

hollysprings

Reaction score
Is that a dealer item? Because my local auto parts store definitely doesn't carry them, sadly.

Prolly expensive at the dealer; should be cheap at a junkyard but going in for just a little part like that sometimes makes them unreasonable. If you need anything else at the junkyard, go buy that now and get a couple fasteners as an afterthought.

Or - open up the panel again and try to make do without. First look at the corner that isn't closing up - it might just be that the fastener parts aren't aligned. Or, it one really is broken, maybe the broken pieces are what's keeping it from closing, so just remove them. Or, maybe you can take another one from a less critical spot and move to that corner. Or, maybe you can rig something to work there.

Bottom line - just look at it more closely and find the exact problem. Post again with pics if the cure isn't obvious.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When I took mine off, I busted one or two of those fasteners, and no adverse affects. But if it's more, that's a problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the clips will pop out of the door panel and stay in the door when you take the plastic panel off. I had to yank it out of the door with a pair of channel locks and put it back into the plastic panel.

Sometimes the clips just break also.