Low heat driver side / Blend door clicking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jks71

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2012 Liberty that has two issues. They might be one and the same, or separate issues. #1, I am getting good heat on the passenger side, but very little the driver side (note this model does not have individual clime control). I took it to a local mechanic who replaced the blend door actuator. #2 after a few months the blend door actuator makes a clicking noise during startup/shutdown procedure, and when turning the heat to full cold. (previous mechanic closed up shop). I see two motors under the dash on the drivers side, the lower one is making the noise. Are both motors the same part number? The diagrams I've found only show one motor.
Are these issues related or separate. The heat issue as long before the motor started making noise, which only started a few months after it was supposedly replaced. From my online research, it seems like the heat issue is related to a blocked heater core which needs to be flushed, and the actuator is it's own deal.
Has anyone dealt with either of these issues, any advice?
Thanks