Doing a replacement/upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my shocks,struts,springs on my stock KJ. Haven't decided between OME or Rancho components yet. Besides those specific replacement parts, are there any additional things I am likely to need to work on/replace, or might as well just replace since I'll be in there anyway?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lower ball joints go with Moog greaseable ones available at any good parts store
Upper ball joints can only be replaced by replacing the whole upper control arm. If you are lifting then use JeepinbyAls 4.5 arms or if you want stocks one of the guys on LOST had a set with only 12000 miles on them, great buy.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my shocks,struts,springs on my stock KJ. Haven't decided between OME or Rancho components yet. Besides those specific replacement parts, are there any additional things I am likely to need to work on/replace, or might as well just replace since I'll be in there anyway?

What year is your Liberty and how much mileage you have on it, will determine what extra's to check/get while you have it apart.

Last edited:

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What year is your Liberty and how much mileage do you have on it?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded mine with OME HD's, Rancho struts and Al's Gen 3.5 rem arms. It looks and rides GREAT, glad I did it!!