Disable the Seatbelt Warning Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4M

Reaction score
Anyone disable the ding-ding seatbelt alarm? I'd love to know how to do this. Soooo irritating while going through a drive-through.

Any help would be outstanding.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
I saw this covered somwhere, but can't remember exactly. What I do remember is that there is a process to disable the seatbelt reminder, somewhere in the owners manual.

Found it;

For your reference, here are the instructions on how to disable the seat belt chiming noise.

The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY / RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

dog sled

Reaction score
one of the first things i did... so much better now. It's like a seatbelt buckling race though

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disabled the belt warning about a month ago when i first read about it on here. It's amazing let me tell you, but of course always wear your seatbelts (whistle)

P4M

Reaction score
Much Thanks...

Thanks guys. My first flip-through the OM I found nothing. Second time I found the magic disable procedure.

Door locks never bothered me since technically a person never has to pull up on them. Pull the door handle and it pops right open.

boxman67

Reaction score
seat belt chimes. I tried to disable my seat belt chimes by following instructions

I saw this covered somwhere, but can't remember exactly. What I do remember is that there is a process to disable the seatbelt reminder, somewhere in the owners manual.

Found it;

For your reference, here are the instructions on how to disable the seat belt chiming noise.

The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver's seat belt.
> 2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY / RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
i tried to disable my seat belt chimes on my 2006 jeep liberty following instructions in manuel but it will not program to disable it.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried to disable my seat belt chimes on my 2006 jeep liberty following instructions in manuel but it will not program to disable it.

Either you didn't follow the steps correctly or your KJ has some type of sensor/program that won't allow you to do it (that's the problem with newer ones, all of the electronic BS)
I have an 05 Sport and I did it first try
Although it says to buckle it 3 times, I did it 5 times just to be safe

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The receiver buckle on my driver side belt was going bad, so I took care of that AND the belt-chime by getting an extension buckle. Much easier to reach the button now too!

Attachments

• Extender.jpg
    Extender.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing this when I get home tonight! We always wear our belts but sometimes I don't put it on fast enough or step out of the car while it's running. Or when taking it around the block for a diagnosis drive it gets beyond annoying and last forever!

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait.... so your jeeps keep dinging if your seatbelt it off?

I guess mine was already set? to just sound a set of dings and that's it.