Dimmed Portion of Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went on a late night slurpee run (which btw cafe latte slurpee is absolutely disgusting) and as soon as I turned on my headlights, I discovered that a small portion of my speedometer (between 35 and 45 mph) is significantly dimmer than the rest of the panel. What could cause this? Is there more than one bulb in there? Could it be a fuse?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
One of the MANY bulbs inside the instrument cluster has decided it has had enough with life. :p :D lol3.gif

Like shown in this PT Cruiser shot from work:

You must be registered for see images attach

... I should go on a late night slurpee run too...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that say 620K miles?!?!

Also, if that's the case, then I guess I will be getting a quote from the dealer on replacing that. I refuse to work with plastic trim, especially since I can never get it to go back on without rattles afterwords.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Does that say 620K miles?!?!

Also, if that's the case, then I guess I will be getting a quote from the dealer on replacing that. I refuse to work with plastic trim, especially since I can never get it to go back on without rattles afterwords.

Really?

I've taken part of the KJ's dashboard apart and haven't had issues. It snaps back together without hassle and remains quiet, but never replaced any of the IC bulbs...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a white or blue backlighted instrument cluster would look pretty sweet.

It'd be cool, but keep in mind that the IC is tinted green (the filter is green), not the bulbs.

Lot of guys did a whole lot of work with the Pontiac dash/IC/switches and turned them blue when I had my Prix. I wanted to, but never got around to it.