New member looking for information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Campbell

Reaction score
Hello all. First off, I'm glad to find a place with lots of good information! There are two Liberty's in our family. My son owns a 2014 Sport, and the wife and I just purchased an 04 Sport to tow behind our motor home and do some back country exploring.
Here's my question. I am having a front light issue. The Headlights are good, however, the front parking/signal lights are completely dead. New bulbs have been installed, and the sockets are good. Another issue is, and I am not sure if these are related, but the fog lights are intermittent. The indicator on the instrument cluster DOES illuminate. I have checked fuses, and all associated are good with a meter. Is there a common body connector? Is the Body Control Module possibly the cause?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Merry Christmas!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I had to run a different ground at the light to the body. when one of my turn signals quit, so I ran one on the other side for the heck of it. Forgot to put them back on when I installed my tow bracket so I'll be back under there.

Fog light might just be the switch. I'd suspect that before the BCM. My dog chewed my switch so I suspected him.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Try folding some fine emery cloth, inside the socket contacts to clean them up a bit.
Contact corrosion is often an issue, and having an electronic contact cleaner may also help.
Are you using a VOM to confirm power to the sockets?
The BCm's are robust, but are sensitive to any kind of shorts.
On my 04 fogs, they blink every once in a while noticeable while turning, and I suspect the turn signal stock is responsible.

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, welcome! I haven't been here long either. but spent my life as a (motorcycle) mechanic. anyway, from my experience, i have found that about 2/3rds of electrical problems if properly traced back are caused by a bad ground. and that's on vehicles that very seldom see snow/salt conditions. but i will tell you, correcting a bad connection is probably 5 times easier than finding/repairing a bad ground. so ALWAYS go for the easy fix first!