Instrument Cluster Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vo11ce

Reaction score
Hello I have this problem where my instrument cluster is working fine for 2 minutes after starting the car then everything just stops working and alot of warning lights show up and the speedometer does not move. What could the problem be?

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 6

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel speed sensor maybe? You realize this is a Liberty forum, right?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Liberty was called the Cherokee in export markets — maybe they’re overseas?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the error codes and go from there.

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm having the exact same issue as the OP. Would love any advise... thanks!

- Yesterday the engine would turn off after only 2 seconds of running (repeatably) with the dash just reading "no bus", and no error code.
- After holding the battery leads together the car has started fine every time since however several times the cluster has malfunctioned whilst driving, producing a chime, tach/speedo going to zero, and all the warnings lit up. Car continues to drive fine, see image 1 below. After 30sec of this, another chime and the tach/speedo resume with only the key warning left, see image 2.
- The only error code I'm getting is P1687.
- Other context: I did pull the dash a month ago to change the heater core, I had the cluster assembly dangling a bit, so possibly a loose connection? I have also been loosing some of the green instrument bulbs (I suspect 3) over the past month since the heater core fix.
You must be registered for see images attach

x
x
You must be registered for see images attach