Deal or No Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be posting the deals I get in the mail here, so you can see how the dealers want to make the best out of any situation and bring an oil change cost up with stuff they don't even perform and call it "CHECK".

Winter Service Special.
Power flush radiator
Refill with up to 1 gallon antifreeze/coolant
Check thermostat and gasket
Check belts and hoses
Check charging system and battery
Now only $129.95!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude!! $125 to flush the rad?!?! Thats purely insane.. You can check the hoses by opening the hood! How are they going to check the thermostat and gasket? If the jeep warms up or doesnt over heat.. the thermostat works.. If it doesnt leak.. the gasket is good! I wouldnt mind to see how many people get that done though! O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know! That's why I am going to be posting these scams here for everyone to see. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one just came in the mail
Mopar Battery deals $69.99 60-series
$79.99 72-series

Coolant System SVC
Inspection of hoses and belts
mopar antifreeze replacement 1-gal
pressure test system
diesel engine and additional parts/labor extra
2 or more gallon extra
only $99.99

Charging System Test SVC
Battery Test
Voltage regulator test
Alternator/Generator test
only $29.99

Wheel Balance & Rotation
Remove four wheels and balance and rotate
Special wheels, specialty vehicles extra
Only $69.99

that was about it.. will continue amusing you as I get them.. :-({|=

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one would like to add, the Tire Deal IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!I go to Sandone Tire in Scranton, and as long as you buy the tires from them, everytime you go back, the blancing, and rotation are FREEE....es thats right, FREEEEE....I got myself some Mastercraft Courser ATs there...I have always bought tires from them, and will continue to do so..They are simply amazing.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Tire deal..

At WAL*MART. and they sell brand named tires.. free rotation/balance AND nail fix for FREE . no I didn't buy from them but know peeps who did

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a similar offer from my dealer, but at lower prices, the cooling system thing was $104.00 and the batteries were $10.00 less each then what was posted above

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine went to the dealer for the first "free" oil change and on that receipt I got they put oil change - 5 qts 5w30 etc, etc, and LUBE. - - LUBE????? It doesn't even have one grease fitting.

Anyway, I do all my own oil changes especially since it is so easy and the only time I was back to the dealer was for the ball joints.

Also, things like "check the charging system" - why would you need that done if there is nothing wrong and besides if you had a problem Auto Zone would do it for FREE..........

smitty1938

Reaction score
Local Dealer

Oil & Filter Change
Jeep® $23.64
With Tire Rotation $38.48
INCLUDES: Engine oil replacement up to 6 qt • New Mopar oil filter • Fluid level inspection • Remove four wheels from vehicle and rotate • Special wheels; specialty vehicles slightly higher • Synthetic Oil, V10, HEMI® and Diesel engines extra. • An additional 1% charge up to $10.00 may be charged for fluid disposal.
I don't think this is too bad.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dealer that i go to, which i used to work for, just had my liberty for the recall and i had them an oil change, the total for the oil change came to 16.80 hehe.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
the dealer that i go to, which i used to work for, just had my liberty for the recall and i had them an oil change, the total for the oil change came to 16.80 hehe.

What kind of oil do they use though? I cant but my oil and do it myself for that price. But thats using Mobil 1 syn and a pure-one purolator filter.. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
especko said:

What kind of oil do they use though? I cant but my oil and do it myself for that price. But thats using Mobil 1 syn and a pure-one purolator filter.. O:)

it wasnt synthetic

they use 5w30 and a mopar filter.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Local Dealer

smitty1938 said:
Oil & Filter Change
Jeep® $23.64
With Tire Rotation $38.48
INCLUDES: Engine oil replacement up to 6 qt • New Mopar oil filter • Fluid level inspection • Remove four wheels from vehicle and rotate • Special wheels; specialty vehicles slightly higher • Synthetic Oil, V10, HEMI® and Diesel engines extra. • An additional 1% charge up to $10.00 may be charged for fluid disposal.
I don't think this is too bad.

that's really not that bad. I would pay 23 for oil change if I dont have to wait.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tax Season Special*
Lube, oil and filter change
Rotate and balance tires
Check tire tread for wear
Test battery for proper charge
Check and top off all fluids
Inspect brake system
27-point vehicle inspection
All this for only $129.95!

[-(

Tax season special probably means that government is already getting some $$ from you, let us get some as well.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here you go...

=================

Summer Travel Special*
Get ready for your vacation travels with:
Oil and filter change
Multi-point vehicle inspection
Rotate and inspect four tires
Inspect brake system
Test battery
Check cabin air filters
Check belts and hoses
Top off all fluids
All this for only $99.95!

Air Conditioner Special*
The warm weather is here! Stay cool this summer by making sure your A/C is mold-free and working efficiently.
Check and adjust heater valve, air outlet temperature, pressure operator, condenser fan and compressor clutch fan operation
Check belts, hoses and connectors for refrigerant leaks
Check condenser fins and radiator surfaces
Fill refrigerant as needed
All this for only $149.95!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is starting to bother me.. You need to stand out front of that dealer with a sign that says DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR VEHICLE!

I just cannt believe someone could take peoples money like that. I wouldnt be able to sleep..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin......you need to find a better dealer.

Jeep dealer here does oil and filter change for $24.95

Their regular 3000 mile service says:
1) change oil and filter
2) Install BG Deposit Control Kit with MOA & CF5 (I guess this is just a throttle body cleaner)
3) Rotate tires (If you buy tires even from the dealer they will rotate and rebalance free because everyone elce does)
4) Perform multi-point vehicle inspection (this is checking belt, hoses, etc - BS stuff)

$79.95

Anyway, this is on their flyer. But if you just went in and told them all you wanted was the oil and filter changed, they would just charge you the $24.95 I guess.

I do my own oil changes since it's not hard and I have all the tools and it is more convenient for me. My first oil change was free at the dealer so I let them change it that first time. I have been doing it since.

There's a whole list that would take me an hour to type so I won't get into it.

4x4 driveline service - both axles and t-case = $216.99

****** = $172.99 flush and change with ATF + 4 /add $99.95 to drop the pan and change filters.

Cooling system Svce = $105.99

Power steering flush and fill = $81.99

60,000 mile service = $515.95 (oil and filter and all the BS checking this and that stuff and changing the plugs. (that's an ouch)

I guess I am lucky because I can do these things except for the ****** flush as I don't have the machine. I do know how to drop the pan and change the filters though as I've done it on several other vehicles but not the KJ yet.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

No matter if you live in U.S.A., Canada or Europe, stealerships try and flush your wallet free of money, as well as your vehicles fluids!
However, the dealer I go to isn't to bad. $250.00 for a 4X4 full service.
That includes:
Drain and refill front and rear differential gear oil.
Flush transmission fluid replace filter and fill with new fluid.
Drain and refill transfer case oil.
And they "throw" in a oil/filter change.

Oh, they also check cv boots for damage!

But all in all, they always seem to "find" something wrong with
your car as well. And indicate the issues on your work order to make you feel
guilty that you didn't have the additional work done at time of servicing!
My wife asked how much it would cost to change the drivers side tail light/ brake light bulb... Are you guy's ready for this?
Oh, I don't know Say's the "Service under writer", The "Service Technician" (Not even called a "Mechanic" any longer!) will have to look at it first to make sure it's not an electrical issue rather than just a bulb! If it is just the bulb, it will be $4.99 for the part(3057 bulb) and $27.50 to install it!
At this point Jennifer calls me over to the service counter and I ask the "Service under writer" why it costs so much to change a light bulb.
"Does it require four "Service Technicians"? One to hold the torx driver and
three "Service Technicians" to turn him? Everybody at the service counter
has a good chuckle except the "Service under writer", he dully states in
broken English(as a second language) that the service book by which they do their billing by Say's that it is a quarter hour job and that the dealerships service rate bills out at $110.00!

Riiight! I might be physically "Damaged goods", but for that price I'll endure
some more pain in the body instead on pain in the wallet!

(Cheers)

Ryan

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will continue to post these stealer dealers for all to see..

I don't necessarily use any one of these-- no more!
My oil change is due, I might get it there or maybe jiffy lube! $15 oil change, 10 mins. 10w30, right?