Dang window dropped AGAIN. 5th time!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the dealer has fixed the window issue on the front passenger side once, left rear twice and now the right rear has dropped a second time. Driver's side window is original, but slow and loud. Dealer won't swap it out until it actually breaks. Today my wife worked a 13 hour day and came out to the window down. Considering it's been storming for the past three days, she was damned lucky that her car was dry inside, so I assume it broke at the end of the day. When I opened the door, the regulator cable (?) with fuzzy end was sticking out of the hole for the door latch at the jamb.

The loss of the car while it's being repaired, plus the obvious risks of a window dropping when it wants, especially in the South Florida climate, is completely unacceptable. What can I do to fix this crap once and for all? I'm not sure what's broken inside.

eemain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most common part that breaks is a plastic clip... Steiger Performance

Makes an aftermarket METAL part to replace it.

You will need to figure out which you need from instructions on the site.

There are knockoffs on E-Bay but can`t vouch for the quality ect...

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the chances are of getting the dealer to install the part while they have it apart. :icon_confused:

testerdahl

Reaction score
So far the dealer has fixed the window issue on the front passenger side once, left rear twice and now the right rear has dropped a second time. Driver's side window is original, but slow and loud. Dealer won't swap it out until it actually breaks. Today my wife worked a 13 hour day and came out to the window down. Considering it's been storming for the past three days, she was damned lucky that her car was dry inside, so I assume it broke at the end of the day. When I opened the door, the regulator cable (?) with fuzzy end was sticking out of the hole for the door latch at the jamb.

The loss of the car while it's being repaired, plus the obvious risks of a window dropping when it wants, especially in the South Florida climate, is completely unacceptable. What can I do to fix this crap once and for all? I'm not sure what's broken inside.

What does the dealer keep saying they are replacing? I had it happen to mine, researched it and bought a new window regulator (about $100 at AutoZone). One trip to the store, one YouTube video and 30 mins later it has been permanently fixed since.

-Tim

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire regulator, I believe. I went there Saturday but couldnt' reach the manager, so he will call me tomorrow.

testerdahl

Reaction score
The entire regulator, I believe. I went there Saturday but couldnt' reach the manager, so he will call me tomorrow.

FYI - it is pretty easy to install yourself. Just a thought, at least you can guarantee it was installed right. :head3:

-Tim

Latest posts

Members online