Custom lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to put together a budget spacer lift. In the rear I planning on putting one upper isolator pad and in the front a 3/4" lower isolator pad from Rusty's. Since my tires still have more than half of the tread left, I don't want to lift it up too much where it would look dorky with my tires. The issue is on the shocks/struts. I don't want to buy new shocks/struts now, I'll do that when I put in the OME coils later on, can I get away with putting in bump stops and if so where do I get them? Planning on using hockey pucks for the rear. What about the front?

EDIT: Also, do I need an alignment after I separate the coil assembly.

Last edited:

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to put together a budget spacer lift. In the rear I planning on putting one upper isolator pad and in the front a 3/4" lower isolator pad from Rusty's. Since my tires still have more than half of the tread left, I don't want to lift it up too much where it would look dorky with my tires. The issue is on the shocks/struts. I don't want to buy new shocks/struts now, I'll do that when I put in the OME coils later on, can I get away with putting in bump stops and if so where do I get them? Planning on using hockey pucks for the rear. What about the front?

EDIT: Also, do I need an alignment after I separate the coil assembly.

With the front 3/4" poly spring spacer and the rear isolator pad you won't need bump stops, but you will need an alignment.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's been a while since I've had one done, but they always try to get me to get a "4 wheel alignment" which I've never seen one for less than $50 anywhere around here. I've never quite understood how they align all 4 wheels because there aren't any adjustments on the rear right?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I called Belle Tire today and they said it would be $47.50 for a 2-wheel alignment and a free check. But I already know it will be out of whack when I do the lift.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well, I called Belle Tire today and they said it would be $47.50 for a 2-wheel alignment and a free check. But I already know it will be out of whack when I do the lift.

Yeah... I was sitting here wondering where in the world does someone charge $80 for an alignment, hehe. Is there such a thing as a 4 wheel alignment? I've never heard of one.

Go Belle Tire!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I was sitting here wondering where in the world does someone charge $80 for an alignment, hehe. Is there such a thing as a 4 wheel alignment? I've never heard of one.

Go Belle Tire!
Alot of vehicles need a 4 wheel alignment,all 4 wheel independent suspension vehicles need a 4 wheel alignment(FWD,RWD,and 4WD)vehicles.Just so happens that the KJ does not,most places do not offer just a 2 wheel alignment,at least here in CO($80) and back home in SD($50),with lifetime alignment from Firestone for $140,might need to do this option before my SFA,they already said that it does not matter what you do to the vehicle as long as it is the same vehicle coming back for repeat alignments.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I do a clevis lift, you don't need an alignment, because you are not removing the coil assembly, right?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any time you raise or lower the front suspension by whatever means, you will need to have the camber reset.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of vehicles need a 4 wheel alignment,all 4 wheel independent suspension vehicles need a 4 wheel alignment(FWD,RWD,and 4WD)vehicles.Just so happens that the KJ does not,most places do not offer just a 2 wheel alignment,at least here in CO($80) and back home in SD($50),with lifetime alignment from Firestone for $140,might need to do this option before my SFA,they already said that it does not matter what you do to the vehicle as long as it is the same vehicle coming back for repeat alignments.

I got the lifetime warranty from firestone, was on sale for like $115 or $120 at the time. Said they dont care what you do to it as long as it's the same vehicle. They wanted $80 for just the 1 time alignment. Hmm wasn't a hard decision :D The tech that did it did and awesome job too, i was impressed. Usually if you want shit done right you gotta do it yourself.