cruise control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG !! YAY man i hate not having it ! so is this something i should have done at a garage or dealer ? and would it be very costly ? or hard to do on my own ?

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I had it installed by a dealer about 3 years ago... I can't remember how much it was, maybe 150 for the kit? And I can't remember at all how much to install, sorry.

The one thing I remember, and there is probably a thread here about it somewhere, I'll take a look - is that they were very scarce at the time. I don't know if they made more in the mean time or not. Good luck!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Sean150 did it recently, so you know it's not a hard install :D

Not that difficult all said and done. Pretty much a cakewalk.

ThunderbirdJunkie doesn't know what he'd do without CC!

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol i was thinking it would be pretty simple , Thank goodness im a girl who can work on car`s 3 years working in a junk yard paid off ! I was even thinking about getting the parts at a junk yard and replacing the steering wheel for one with the option ... but was not 100% sure if that ideal would have worked newer jeep`s / car`s for that matter can be a pain the the a$$

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything you need comes in the kit, super easy I helped Sean do his and it was like a 20 minute job even stopping to BS

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you need comes in the kit, super easy I helped Sean do his and it was like a 20 minute job even stopping to BS

Well so far those 2 links did not have the kit =-/ Lol I have a feeling this is going to take a while to hunt the part down now .... ugh !

But i wonder why a newer year wouldn't work cause the liberty is pretty much the same body style until 2009 i believe as long as it is a 3.7 ? idk like i said newer one`s can be a pain .. But i would think they would be interchangeable since body styles are the same .

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008 was the first year of the new Liberty (KK). I'm not sure if the speed control kit is the same for 2002 through 2007 or not. What year is yours?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
2002-7 buttons themselves were the same, but '07s were throttle by wire. Can't speak for the '05-6 and '02-04 being the same though.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK the part number I posted in the other thread was for an '05, so I think we've determined that it may or may not work with your '02. :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has been a few Cruise, aka Speed Control, kits on eBay lately. There is a few sellers on there that are dealers or ex-dealers clearing out older parts. Last one i saw was something like $125 for the kit, comes with everything you need to convert a non-cruise KJ to one with. Your going to need an 02-04 kit or all the parts from and 02-04, the later years seem to have different kits due to changes in the wiring, connectors, etc etc..

If i remember right you also have to have a KJ with the right options to insure the BCM has the programming for cruise. There was a long discussion about that a while back.