CRD Frankenlift vs OME/Ironman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mass-hole

Reaction score
I have been searching for the last few days to try and figure out what I want to go with for a lift and my biggest questions so far are almost entirely around the CRD Frankenlift:

What differentiates the CRD Frankenlift from a standard OME/Ironman lift with clevis spacers and top plates?

If I am comfortable assembling the struts myself is there any reason to go Frankenlift?

It sounded like the Gasser Frankenlift had some polyurethane parts that are unique to that kit, is this true for the CRD? It's not clear from their website since the just call out MOPAR parts.

Any help is appreciated. Just want to do it right the first time.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the CRD kit probably uses heavey duty springs due to weight. Also with the CRD, I beleive it's going to be less lift becasue you can not lift a CRD as high as a gas KJ.

Many still run the heavy duty springs even on gassers to compensate for the weight of bumper/winches etc.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Familiar with ome part numbers?,
2927 aka 927 springs are HD that 90% of all gas lifts end up using, very similar spring rate to stock CRD springs.
(2?)790 are the much stiffer cousins that some use when lifting a diesel or with a heavy bumper / a lot of extra weight.

the poly parts that are gas frankenlift specific add some preload to the springs as well as encompass some extra lift.

All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ FRANKENLIFT

the CRD frankenlift uses the stock mopar setup with 790 springs and ome shocks preassembled, notice core charges on page.

I'm told there are some height concerns crd vs gas with the driver side CV. Have never worked on one to check it out. Hence why its less "stuff" (read height) then the associated gas frankenlift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been searching for the last few days to try and figure out what I want to go with for a lift and my biggest questions so far are almost entirely around the CRD Frankenlift:

What differentiates the CRD Frankenlift from a standard OME/Ironman lift with clevis spacers and top plates?

If I am comfortable assembling the struts myself is there any reason to go Frankenlift?

It sounded like the Gasser Frankenlift had some polyurethane parts that are unique to that kit, is this true for the CRD? It's not clear from their website since the just call out MOPAR parts.

Any help is appreciated. Just want to do it right the first time.

Ease of installation is the biggest thing with the Franky. You don't need to compress the springs. Basically you can lift the same amount with any of them

Height concerns come into play since the front diff sits over to the left side a little more, thus the right side CV is shorter.

mass-hole

Reaction score
Familiar with ome part numbers?,
2927 aka 927 springs are HD that 90% of all gas lifts end up using, very similar spring rate to stock CRD springs.
(2?)790 are the much stiffer cousins that some use when lifting a diesel or with a heavy bumper / a lot of extra weight.

the poly parts that are gas frankenlift specific add some preload to the springs as well as encompass some extra lift.

All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ FRANKENLIFT

the CRD frankenlift uses the stock mopar setup with 790 springs and ome shocks preassembled, notice core charges on page.

I'm told there are some height concerns crd vs gas with the driver side CV. Have never worked on one to check it out. Hence why its less "stuff" (read height) then the associated gas frankenlift.

Yes i do know about the CRD specific springs just trying to figure out the differences.

The drivers side CV on the CRD is shorter because they had to slide the front diff over to accommodate the motor. It naturally sits at a steeper angle since its shorter so it will start to bind sooner than on a gasser.

Latest posts

Members online