Crd engine thermostats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I've had one uninstalled due to 7 years of medical problems so all I can say is it's a beautiful well thought out thing. The general concensus on the LOSTJeeps forum is that it works great and costs too much. Concensus on the stock thermostat is that it's an overpriced piece of junk. No good reason to take a $15-$20 perishable part and make it cost $170.00.

Inline thermostats and machined/JBwelded adaptations of the stock thermostat/housing come with their own problems and dificulties.

Some folks don't like Jeff's thermostat because they don't like Jeff... Personalities clash but Jeff is my hero for getting on his horse and making it happen right. I'm looking forward to the day when I fire up my jeep and have real heat like his customers keep raving about.

If the expense puts you off and you don't intend to keep your jeep then slap a stock POS thermostat in there. Otherwise buy Jeff's thermostat and be happy when the guts go bad and you replace it for $20.00.

mrhemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two CRDs. Both have Jeff's T Stats in them. Are they expensive yes, but so is my "peace of mind". One CRD is driven exclusively by my wife, and T Stat problems are one less thing I have to worry about when I am away from home. One has nearly 80000 miles on it now, and it still heats up quickly and hold temperature within 1 deg.f.

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
Hello, daveinliberty!

I have now sold over 200 Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001 engine thermostat assemblies to Liberty CRD owners all over North America, and also in Germany, Italy and Australia. Some of my customers live and drive in extreme cold climates, and the Model 001 goes a long way to keeping the engine properly warm.

Some of my other customers live in extremely hot climates and/or drives their CRD in heavy demand situations. The increased coolant flow offered by the Model 001 is a great hedge against overheat situations. I have one customer in Boise Idaho who regularly tows 4,000 lb loads up mountain passes with his Model 001 equipped CRD, and no overheat situations. I have another customer who lives in Florida and uses his Model 001 in a radically modified Liberty CRD that I doubt is even street legal anymore. He takes his "Gremlin" mud bogging and rock climbing and experiences rock-steady 203 degree engine temperatures. Still another satisfied customer lives in Alice Springs, Australia... just check out how hot it gets there, Mate.

To this day I have not had one complaint about my product, and I suspect that I never will due to the design and the extreme quality of the materials and manufacturing of it.

Here is my contact information... please send me an e-mail message and I will send to you a detailed information letter with 9 attached photos for your perusal.

Best regards,

Members online