crack open a can of a/c?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Would the OEM condenser be the best, strongest bet for replacement on the KJ?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya CT has been a beast for not cleaning roads after construction lately. Makes me a little angry every time I visit my parents.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002, what brand do you recommend for condenser?

Would the OEM condenser be the best, strongest bet for replacement on the KJ?
Tough to say but they all seem to be okay,never had a aftermarket one just fail without being damaged by a outside force.

I'd recommend putting some screen material behind the grill,attach it to the grill,to stop future damage.

I'm not worried about my KJ,it sits higher and has plenty of obstacles in the path to the AC condenser.The Town Car's grill has angled slots so any flying objects get deflected.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i blame ct highways. i have 2 good size impact cracks on my windshield both from highway debris.

I blame them for a lot of things, too...I get awfully grumpy every time I go home to visit my brother/parents.

The Construction State (coworker when I lived in CT had that on a t-shirt).

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blame them for a lot of things, too...I get awfully grumpy every time I go home to visit my brother/parents.

one reason why i changed out my suspension. nothing but pot holes in this state. wonder if they keep the pot holes to deter people from speeding.

took a look at the condenser, its all beat up with several types of bugs lodged in there.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased and installed an aftermarket condenser for about a 100 bucks on ebay about 5 years ago, no problems yet, pretty easy job with the right tools.

I added a couple oz's of oil for what may have escaped from the condenser when it was punctured, A vacuum pump and scale are needed for proper operation, I still use a old dial a charge unit from my day's as a HVAC Tech.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

At least your guys' roads haven't flooded, I've had to take the KJ water crossing on a main street twice now this year due to flooding. And I'm not talking no two inches of water on the street either. Though this last run seems to have cleaned out my radiator grille and condenser grille as well. Noticed the A/C now runs even cooler since hitting the flood waters at some good speeds. If that tells you how fast I was going when I hit the water. :mexsmoke:

Latest posts

Members online