Couple questions about engine temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just replaced the t stat in my LR3, and it heats up at from 50 degrees in about 6 minutes of run time, and gets driven the same route the KJ does for that six minutes. But the KJ doesn't heat up till about 10 minutes...and therefore I'm thinking that a new t stat might in order, since it has 94k on it. Will a new one make much of a difference?

And if so, where exactly is it on the 3.7?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should as my KJ fully warms up from 50 degrees to full operating temps in about 3-4 mins.The t-stat on the 3.7 is on the engine side of the lower radiator hose,behind that plastic housing and not cheap(get the correct gasket also).

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How much? I just paid about $60 for the LR one, so I can't see the Jeep one being more. Also have the right coolant, it's the orangish stuff, right?

ndz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine today. Was $25 online shipped to my door. That's Canadian pricing though. Installation is easy just make sure the rubber ring around the stat is seated properly. The plastic housing that holds the stat is held on with two 8mm bolts. Good time to replace the rad hoses too if they're starting to bulge :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, where is it? On my LR it's at the top of the cooling system. Thanks