Couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Jasper and other remanufactured engines are significantly cheaper than BRAND NEW Chrysler engines. You can get a reasonably inexpensive remanned Chrysler 3.7 for $2500-ish.

kd8mki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup...the shop I'm going to have it taken to, total with labor is only going to be $3500 plus tax. Quite a difference. And it's a Jasper engine.

kd8mki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread. Finally getting my Jeep back today! Final bill was a bit more than quoted, and the shop is a bit on the slow side (they've had the thing for 2 weeks now). So happy to be getting her back. She has a much better owner now who will take care of her like she should be taken care of. And I have the peace of mind of a fresh engine, new water pump and some other goodies. Lesson to you all, CHANGE YOUR OIL! Previous owners didn't, and I got to pay for it.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent to hear you're back on the road. Now you have to drive it for 15 years to make up for the added cost. :D

Latest posts

Members online