****** Cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kokali22

Reaction score
On a 2002 sport... The auto transmission cooler, Is it intergrated into the radiator OR Is it an external/auxiliary unit and sits infront of the radiator right next to the drivers side headlight?

MacAttack

Reaction score
kokali22 said:
another question? How do I figure out which transmission I have? Like maybe some place to run the vin and check it out and what not?
I think on a 2002 it is integrated into the radiator. If you see a small radiator on the driver's side that is probably the power steering cooler. Just pop the hood and follow the tubing and see if it goes to the power steering reservoir.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2002 liberty came with the power steering cooler stock. It had an integrated cooler on ALL models and got an aux cooler with the towing pack(or offroad pack, maybe).. O:)

kokali22

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
A 2002 liberty came with the power steering cooler stock. It had an integrated cooler on ALL models and got an aux cooler with the towing pack(or offroad pack, maybe).. O:)

Thanks for that....I figured that out after the lady came home after work. It was dark bit i from what I figured, the top line is feed, and the bottom is drain? :-k When ever she gives me permission, im gonna be switching to a B&M Aux ****** cooler. \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
kokali22 said:
another question? How do I figure out which transmission I have? Like maybe some place to run the vin and check it out and what not?

Open the hood.
Look over to the left, by the coolant bottle.

If you see a computer mounted on your passenger side fender, you have the 45RFE. SInce you have a 2002, you definitely have the 45RFE.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
kokali22 said:

Open the hood.
Look over to the left, by the coolant bottle.

If you see a computer mounted on your passenger side fender, you have the 45RFE. SInce you have a 2002, you definitely have the 45RFE.

Hey Marlon, did you have an 02 Kj or have you been under too many hoods???????? haha

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No, I've had 2 Libbys... then there's my sister's '05 Renegade... I've had

a 2004 Sport 3.7L 4x4
and a 2006 Sport 2.8L 4x4... it has the 545RFE... which has the fender mounted transmission computer... the 42RLE doesn't have the fender mounted computer... not sure where the 42RLE computer is.

My 2004 is in my avatar... 2006 is in my signature. Dunno where I will put my 2008. Oops, did I say that? BAD MARLON, NO 2008 LIBBY!!!!

Or? \:D/