Transmission cooler line replacement. How to line routing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GravityHero

Reaction score
I'm replacing the transmission cooler lines on my 2006 KJ 3.7. For the life of me, I can't get the orientation of the passenger side line to pass the line under the radiator/ condenser. I managed to get the driver side (longer) to slip through. Short of cutting it, or pulling the radiator.... Does anyone know any tricks?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never tried that. My 06 was leaking and i just put a length of hose and a few clamps on it.

i suspect that it may be easier if you can have the jeep on a lift. From the ground, almost no easy shot

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Probably installed from the factory before other things were in the way. I've had this in several vehicles with transmission hardline and brake lines. I had to section a transmission cooler line for my Ranger and splice it back together with the appropriate hose and clamps. Would have had to pull the motor to get it in in one piece.

Reaction score
I Replaced the lines in my 2005 and you have to pull the radiator to get them both in. Others have said you can do it without a radiator pull, but I couldn’t. yes it’s a pain in the butt draining the coolant but well worth it to save the frustration

Trainmaster

Reaction score
My 2005 went in without pulling the radiator. Wasn't easy and you have to take advantage of the flexible parts to bend it when placing it. Did it years ago, so I don't recall the details. Took a little while and a little patience.