Considering buying a Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's high.

Although a nice looking Jeep. I wonder if it's been sitting somewhere since it has such low miles. Heck I've seen '05s with 60k plus. My sister is just a few away from 40k herself.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, too high. You can get brand new '07 for not much more than that after rebates and such.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish my rene had the name stitched into the seat.. lol

Yea you think thats high, my 04 with 26k miles was 17.3. Welcome to B.C Canada lol

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the link, I don't think I can at work. FWIW, I just picked up my '07 (options listed in the signature) for $24k out the door this past May. Keep in mind, I opted for the 0% financing in lieu of $3,000 cash back.

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the replies. :)

This place is so much better than Audiworld. :cool:

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the '04s with the painted fenders. Do they not have rear disc brakes?

Basically what I'm looking for:
black renegade
painted fenders
roof lights
sunroof
dark gray cloth or cloth/leather interior
tow package
< 40k miles
overhead display is a plus

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, these salespeople are killing me. It's like pulling teeth trying to get information out of them!

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to know what options it has, other than the standard Renegade stuff. The guy keeps saying, "It's the Renegade package, it has everything."

I just want to know if it has selec-trac or command-trac and if it has ABS. Neither are on the listing. I'll be driving 3 hours to see it and I want to know if it will be worth my time.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If you want an absolute guarantee that the Jeep will have ABS, you'll have to go '06. Your main problem is that you're buying used. The salespeople have absolutely NO CLUE about what they're selling... they just want it gone.

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want an absolute guarantee that the Jeep will have ABS, you'll have to go '06. Your main problem is that you're buying used. The salespeople have absolutely NO CLUE about what they're selling... they just want it gone.

I realize that, but he could at least check it out for me. I'd go with an '06, but I don't like the plastic fenders as much. I think that's the only downfall for me. I guess when I go test drive it I can do an ABS test. :D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a Jeep dealer? I'd ask them to pull the build sheet and fax it to you. They can do that.

I'd start it with "Look, I don't want to beat around the bush and waste your time or mine. I'm heavily interested and am looking to buy now. I'm not driving 3 hours for nothing. If you want to make a sale, I want to know how it is equipped. Please fax me a build sheet showing all options from the factory and all dealer-installed options".