concerned about short trips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobK28

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.

After doing some research, A CRD meets alot of my needs for my next vehicle. What im concerned with is how Diesels handle short trips. Our 2003 Trailblazer has 46k on the clock. I only average 4-5 miles a trip, most often only twice a day.

How happy is a Diesel going to be in these conditions. and will it greatly accelerate wear and tear?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Bob

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here.

After doing some research, A CRD meets alot of my needs for my next vehicle. What im concerned with is how Diesels handle short trips. Our 2003 Trailblazer has 46k on the clock. I only average 4-5 miles a trip, most often only twice a day.

How happy is a Diesel going to be in these conditions. and will it greatly accelerate wear and tear?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Bob

I do not think it would be a problem provided you keep the revs low while the engine is cold and take the Jeep on the ocassional long trip with a heavy foot to clean the turbo out.

The CRD has a viscous heat pump fitted which helps to get the engine up to temperature quickly.