Complete Newb in Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dphoto

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just figured I would drop in and register. I've only had my black 07 sport for about a week now and Im really liking it. I got rid of an *almost* 12second Subaru WRX for this thing. Its a completely different feel, I miss going fast, but the jeep is way more practical for me.

Its completely stock for now(and will be for a while, Im pretty broke) so Im hoping that this thing will do alright off road as is????

Im not looking to get into anything too crazy, but would like to go see some cool places in the Mtns here. Im a photographer so it would be nice to be able to get out to some new areas.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jeep family. Your KJ will do very well stock and even better with a few basic and easy mods (Tires, Recovery Points, Skid Plates, Etc.).

Here is a video of a stocker doing a trail, I am sure they have stock skids, but stock tires too.

EDIT Oh, my avatar is me on a fairly easy trail completely stock as well. EDIT

dphoto

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for posting that! I am feeing much more confident. My old man and I are gonna go try some relatively easy stuff in a few weeks. He's much more experienced off of the pavement than I am. I would very much like to do tires and skidplates in the not-so-distant future and then a slight lift later on down the road. That will be more than sufficient for anything I foresee myself getting into...

unless this becomes an addiction like every other car I've owned!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Its completely stock for now(and will be for a while, Im pretty broke) so Im hoping that this thing will do alright off road as is????

Im not looking to get into anything too crazy, but would like to go see some cool places in the Mtns here. Im a photographer so it would be nice to be able to get out to some new areas.

You bet it'll do fine. It'll even do fine on stuff that 4x4 snobs would swear your jeep couldn't do. The only thing that will really limit you is your street tires. A good A/T tire is certainly recommended.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're fortunate that your area has one of the most active group of guys that wheel KJ's and lots of places to wheel.

Members online

No members online now.