Clicking or Popping in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having this problem lately so I've been using it as sparingly as possible offroad and only when I think I'll need it. Any ideas what it could be? My guess is CV

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only in 4WD?

Have you checked the CV joint on the transfer case end of your front driveshaft?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet but I was thoroughly checking the boots and all are a-ok. I shall check that as soon as it stops raining and post a pic

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup just checked the shaft boot. There's a nice tear in it. Now this rain's really gotta gtfo here because it's wrenching time!!!!!!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just the head. It's a pretty easy change that will save you money instead of buying the whole shaft.

After all, you don't want to get the shaft...:lazer:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is just the head. It's a pretty easy change that will save you money instead of buying the whole shaft.

After all, you don't want to get the shaft...:lazer:

x2. This is the one I and 1BADKJ used. Its held up well!

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I was going to check out on the site and there's a security issue with the site saying it isn't authenticated which makes me extremely wary of it

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not even a security issue now it just says the site is broken and I can't access it even if I wanted to

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What OS/browser are you using? Just accessed the site with no issues.

EDIT: but I can't view my cart because my browser can't establish a secure connection to the server. Which is bad when you're going to input info that can get your cc stolen...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What OS/browser are you using? Just accessed the site with no issues.

EDIT: but I can't view my cart because my browser can't establish a secure connection to the server. Which is bad when you're going to input info that can get your cc stolen...

Woop. Got that second part as well. IE and Chrome can't bypass. It's a problem with their site. This didn't happen when I ordered my joints.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna bite the bullet and buy a dorman one from Summit for $113. At least there I know the site is safe and reliable