Chrysler Customer Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitroproof

Reaction score
My '05 KJ is out of warranty but has under 18K, the previous ower was the proverbial little old lady who only drove it...

Anyway, the horn stopped working (panic & door remote beeped). I took it to my local dealership, the service dept said it was a $400 repair, the clock spring module. I asked him the cost of the parts - $240, a quick internet search found one on fleaBay for $200.

I called Chrysler Customer Care's 800 number and filed a claim. The very nice case rep, Camila, called and asked what I would want Chrysler Corp to do... I asked for 1/2 of the cost of repairs.

Yesterday she called me back, Chrysler is covering the cost of the part (240 bucks) my total bill with PA sales tax was $442.

So Long story short I'm happy with Chrysler Customer Care!

Before th KJ I had a 2001 Chevy Tracker 4 cylinder auto. Now I can actually pull into the passing lane w/o turning off the A/C!

This is my 2nd Jeep, my first was a '69? DJ-5 Postal/Dispatch I bought at a govt auction for $900. Still miss that little sucker!

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Chrysler Customer Service has been REALLY good lately, especially with things like this. And it's working. Happy customers come back again, and I have at least a few more Jeeps to build. :)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe I should call them about the bulbbling paint on the fender of my wife's car.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
NEVER seen or heard of a bad paint job on a KJ or KK. Even '02s beaten HARD by the Southern sun still look new.

Did you buy the Jeep used? It could have been repaired previously, despite what Carfax might say.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen this all the time when I worked at the dealership with 4/5/6 year old vehicles with less then 36,000 miles on them,they would cover the part cost but the customer paid the labor cost.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
NEVER seen or heard of a bad paint job on a KJ or KK. Even '02s beaten HARD by the Southern sun still look new.

Did you buy the Jeep used? It could have been repaired previously, despite what Carfax might say.

Mine has bubbling at the 3rd brake light...

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine!!! :favorites68: :favorites68: :favorites68:

Bought new and always looked after ( You know... ). Bubbles came out after 2-3 years (hood, passenger side).

In a couple of weeks she'll be getting a paint job... al last!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paint is bubbling, and growing. which means there's rust underneath somehow.