Chrome Grille Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettyspicer

Reaction score
I have been considering replacing my white grille from my 2007 Liberty Sport to a chrome aftermarket grille. While researching the grilles online, I saw a huge difference in prices from aftermarket to original mopar. Aftermarket, such as Evan-Fischer ranged in price from $80 to $100. E-Bay also carried several aftermarket grilles, ranging in price from $80 to $100. Mopar ranged from $220 to $300, regardless of where you priced them.
Has anyone tried any of these aftermarket grilles and is the quality of the Mopar grille that much better than the aftermarket ones? How do the chrome grilles look on the Liberty Sport?
Also, the Mopar doesn't include the black insert as where the replacements do. Are their inserts removable like the Mopar ones are?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming it fits properly, I'd go cheap on this. I've had my (OEM) off a number of times and to me, a piece of plastic is a piece of plastic. It's pure decoration, so it's not like we're talking structural or functional parts here. :)

jettyspicer

Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking. I also have had mine off several times and its hard to believe the price of the mopar grill is justified. One of the reasons for a new one is that one of the bottom tabs is broke off and the grill doesn't pull up tight on one end. Also does anyone know if the black insert on the aftermarket grill is removeable. I do like the look of window screen in the grill holes and the insert holds it in nicely. Also does the chrome look OK on a Sport?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...does anyone know if the black insert on the aftermarket grill is removeable. I do like the look of window screen in the grill holes and the insert holds it in nicely.
I guess that would depend on which aftermarket grill.

I know when I did the fog lights on my OEM one I had to hacksaw the inserts in a couple places. It was not hard.

Also does the chrome look OK on a Sport?
That's purely personal preference. I don't go for it myself, but lots of people love it. I think you are the only one who can really answer that. ;)

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...to me, a piece of plastic is a piece of plastic.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. There are a lot of "ingredients" that go into plastic, some of which can help prevent or reduce expansion and contraction and add protection from UV and plasticizer migration. I've been involved in the floor covering industry for over 40 years, which includes a lot of "plastic" flooring and accessories. Some products, especially the cheap ones, can cause a lot of problems when they expand or contract far more than the average floor - problems like split seams, buckles and bubbles, damage from heat (no UV protection), among others. Aftermarket automotive products made from plastics can also have problems: poor fitment, misaligned attachment points, warpage and more.

I'm not saying an aftermarket grill won't be as good as a MOPAR replacement. It might work fine. But I recommend buying from reputable sources and with a good return policy. Years ago I would have suggested buying only products with good warranties, but now, warranties are there to protect the manufacturer, not the consumer - they only pretend to protect the consumer.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine done by previous owner. Was eBay buy but don't know which one.
You must be registered for see images attach

jettyspicer

Reaction score
That looks great on the Limited. Does anyone have a picture of a chrome grill on a Sport? Also Rsb563, have you had the grill off? Do you know if the black insert is removable as with an original?

butcher

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same with my '07 I can't find anything for the price you mentioned on Ebay, can you link something?

jettyspicer

Reaction score
You can find them on Ebay or Amazon. Go to the websites and put in search" 2007 Jeep Liberty Chrome Grill". They have gone up in price from $83 to $87 since I started looking. You can also put in the same info in Google and there will be several sites at around $70 plus shipping. I don't know if all of these are from the same manufacturer. Ebay and Amazon is free shipping. Still don't know if the insert is removable.

butcher

Reaction score
You can find them on Ebay or Amazon. Go to the websites and put in search" 2007 Jeep Liberty Chrome Grill". They have gone up in price from $83 to $87 since I started looking. You can also put in the same info in Google and there will be several sites at around $70 plus shipping. I don't know if all of these are from the same manufacturer. Ebay and Amazon is free shipping. Still don't know if the insert is removable.

I've only found inserts at that price, and not actually the chrome grille.... Cheapest I've seen is $217 US... 2007-2007 Jeep Liberty Grille Applique | eBay

I'll keep searching, and follow your post in case a link / more info comes up

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I like body colored grill surrounds , BUT our 05 was a Limited and came with it so its still on there

You must be registered for see images attach

jettyspicer

Reaction score
Butcher - I don't know how to send a link, but if you type in Google: Evan-Fischer EVA17772026965, This will bring up the grill on Amazon. There are many more location that this grill is located at or around that price. Car Parts.Com, Auto Parts Train, Auto Parts Warehouse and on Ebay.

TruckerKevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a chrome grill from an eBay auction for my 07 Sport as well as 2 brand new headlamps (they were glazed). It fit perfectly and made my jeep look like a new car.

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The one I put in my 06 that I bought from jeep parts.com was removable. I removed it(chrome grill) when I installed the ARB bumper, went back to the colored grill.