brand new and have tire questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Frankenlift uses OME springs
so
Frankenlift come preassembled so somewhat easier to install and will give you a little more height
OME springs and other little things ( top plate from JBA and clevis lift) give you almost as much lift for a cheaper price)
I have installed both on several KJs and ran versions of both on mine and after breakin not much overall difference in ride or handeling
so
6 of one half dozen of the other

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Taking my quote out of context
I was just saying that you could get the OME springs new shocks etc
or for a little more lift
add in a clevis lift and top plate for another 1.25 inches of lift over the new springs and shocks, we don't have front struts, they are actually shocks

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite a few people have and are running them
don't last as long as "new" tires but do pretty good overall

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
depends on the tire and type of tread
Say normal 50,000 miles, most of these seem to be going 25-30,000 from what I have read and talked to owners. I had a set on for a while but sold them to go bigger. I never run a tire over 25-30,000 miles before I get tired of them and sell them for something different:shrug:

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now as in tires, has anybody ran these? http://www.treadwright.com/

Yes. I ran a set of Puma's as the first set of non-stock tires on my KJ. Only ran about 11k miles on them, and then went bigger. They were wearing good and based on the tread depth remaining at that time, I was expecting at least 40-45k miles on the set before they hit the wear indicators.

I am running 265/75-16 Guard Dogs on my KJ now. Have about 7-8k on them so far. I expect them to wear a little faster, because they are more aggressive mud tread.

I am also running the Sentinel on my wife's Suburban. Nice, quiet, calm A/T tire. I expect at least 40k miles out of them too. They are a similar tread design to the Bridgestone Dueler.

Or, if you want the BFG AT KO type tire, go with the Warden. They are an exact copy of the BFG tread. Should last about the same - 40k or so.

Personally, I can't say enough good things about them. Especially for the price!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.