Boost Pressure Sensor Failure Code P0299

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billydoo

Reaction score
I have not found any other information on this problem. So here it goes:
My 2006 Liberty CRD Limited has 28,000 miles on it.
Suddenly, while driving at about 30 MPH, I heard a WHOOSH and the 2.8 started surging RPMs with no increase in vehicle speed. It was like empty RPMs with WHOOSH. Engine light came on a had it taken to my local dealer. I was about 32 miles from the dealer and the Chrysler towing 800 number ended up sticking me for 23 miles at $4 each ($92 total). The offer from Chrysler was to take it to dealers in the opposite direction from my home. Never again will I attempt to call that number!

The dealer diagnosed the problem as Boost Pressure Sensor Deviation and ordered the part (68031593AA /8037155). The strike delayed the part delivery and also that to replace the Turbo Coolant Outlet Hose (55037730AA/7014005) that was found to be split.

Also, the TPM was showing Low Spare Pressure, and occasional zero pressure in my RR tire. Dealer claims to have calibrated the TPM, but that has not been yet confirmed as resolved.

Finally, I complained about the driver's seat (light gray) leather splitting along the door side bolster. Chrysler has authorized replacement of the cover.

Last edited:

ed.

Reaction score
Did they really need to replace the boost sensor?
Sounds like just a hose replacement would've been alright?

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you blew a hose or a vacuum line off somewhere and were leaking boost pressure. They just replaced the sensor because that's what the code was for.