blue_kjR417 is gettin' lifted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Boy's I finally doin' it! As most of you know I talked about selling my KJ this spring to buy a truck, but I've decided that just not practical right now. Plus I've had very few and minor problems out of my KJ so why sell it and risk buying something I know nothing about. So, I've talked it out with my parents and showed them that my stock suspension is crap! My shocks and struts are junk after 120k and my rear springs are stacking. So, I'm gonna chunk them and swap in some OME 948's in the rear with Bilstein F4-BE5-6458-H7's and OME 927's up front with Bilstein F4-BE5-D916-H0's. I'm going to go ahead and order it all from JBA at the same time along with a set of TeraFlex extended front bumpstops. I've got some nylon cutting board style material that I'm going to attempt to make some rear bumpstop extensions out of. It will probably be the end of May before I get everything in. I've got about half the money saved up right now but will have the rest shortly I think. I'm going to continue rocking my 245/70's for now and will leave out my front shims and my extra rear I solators and probably not even do a clevis lift to make them look better.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Good for you Wes.
Get your hands on four hockey pucks and some hardware.
They seem to be the best, most economical way to fabricate
rear extended bump stops.

Well I've heard that but I'm gonna try to make my own out of this stuff I've already go to avoid buying pucks.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
you are going to love it

Yeah I know! I can't wait!

I'm tryin to figure out how I want to set it up. I'm going to continue running my 245/70/16's so I don't want it to squeeze out the max amount of lift and make my tires look any smaller, but I want there to be a noticeable amount of lift. Also I want it to set as level as possible. My total parts up front will consist of the OME 927's and Bilstein H0's up front as well as Boilers 3/8" Shim's and the Potential Clevis lift. In the back I will have the OME 948's and Bilstein H7's aswell as 2 extra upper isolators for each side. I want the right combination to make my tires look adequate for the lift but also be level. Any input would be valued.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want it to sit level only use 1 extra top iso per side in the rear.
With the 3/8 inch top plate and 1 extra rear it will sit level.
I do all of the ones I lift like this only I don't use "boilers" top plates but rather JBAs
adding two per side and its going to have the factory rake back

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
If you want it to sit level only use 1 extra top iso per side in the rear.
With the 3/8 inch top plate and 1 extra rear it will sit level.
I do all of the ones I lift like this only I don't use "boilers" top plates but rather JBAs
adding two per side and its going to have the factory rake back

Ok, what size tires do you the ones you install run with that setup? Also you're saying not to do a clevis lift just use the shims?

sparkman70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my i have 235/70/16 but i want to move to 245/70/16 to fill the space. But you will love the ride of the jeep

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
mmm let me think on the that one it will let you know

Haha well there's no rush I may not even sell them, but I would definitely consider it. They're 245/70/16 bfg all terrains with just over 20k and atleast 2/3 tread life left if not 3/4!

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I still haven't received any shipping information on my order from JBA, I also tried to call Marlin today and didn't get an answer so I left a voicemail. I was just wondering if this is normal for JBA and wether I should be concerned that its been 3 days since I made my order and haven't heard anything back yet.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Selling KJ parts is not his main source of $$$,he does run a steel shop also.

I see. Well I understand that but so far the service IMO hasn't been that great. He's sent me about 15 different emails about the JBA UCA's but nothing about my order's shipment.

Reaction score
I still haven't received any shipping information on my order from JBA, I also tried to call Marlin today and didn't get an answer so I left a voicemail. I was just wondering if this is normal for JBA and wether I should be concerned that its been 3 days since I made my order and haven't heard anything back yet.

When I ordered I had that info within 24 hours

Sent using Charles Xavier

GJJ

Reaction score
Hay blue_kjR417, this is probably the reason for no response from him lately, It's from the Jeepin by Al facebook page "Marlin Gehman - I will be out of the office June 16-19 for my daughters track team is going to Greensboro, North Carolina for Nationals running the 4 x 800 meter relay race" . My guess is once he gets back you will get your info..

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Hay blue_kjR417, this is probably the reason for no response from him lately, It's from the Jeepin by Al facebook page "Marlin Gehman - I will be out of the office June 16-19 for my daughters track team is going to Greensboro, North Carolina for Nationals running the 4 x 800 meter relay race" . My guess is once he gets back you will get your info..

wonderful! I picked the worst time to order!

sparkman70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is a good guy and will call you back,he did the samething with me so just kick back and have a cold one