blue_kjR417 is gettin' lifted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
That looks nice with the undercoating on it

It's actually bedliner instead of undercoat. Springs came in today I'm working on installing it right now!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well fella's! I finished the rear this afternoon!

Now I got started on the front but ran into a problem. The UBJ nut is stripped out of something and woulndn't go very far up on the stud. Also does anyone have any advice for how to get the LCA down far enough to get the clevis lined up with its mount on the LCA, while the strut assembly and clevis are connected and in place?

Last edited:

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the ratchet comment. Although the Jeep is stock my Yota is lifted. I and 3 or 4 other guys installed my lift. It also helps if you have someone pushing down on the LCA and another pushing up on the UCA. The only problem that we really ran into was getting the compressor to compress the coil which failed so a trip to PepBoys was in order. :)
I know its a different set up but helping hands make a big difference.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
like mentioned rachet strap works great if you need to pull the clevis in. I've done mine a bunch of times by myself with no problems. In and out in under an hour 30

By the way how many inches of bumpstop you have there? Looks like more than two inches

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
like mentioned rachet strap works great if you need to pull the clevis in. I've done mine a bunch of times by myself with no problems. In and out in under an hour 30

By the way how many inches of bumpstop you have there? Looks like more than two inches

Yeah they're actually 3 in. I thought with the extra isolator reducing a half inch from the top bumpstop I would be fine countering with 2.5" left from my home made ones but I think I'm going to have to trim them down cuz they're only an inch or two away when its on it ground.

However, when I asked about the clevis I hadn't tried to attach it to the LCA yet and this morning I was able to just push the LCA down a little and the clevis towards the engine to where it was lined up and slip the bolt right it with no problem, if I had done a clevis lift I don't think it would have been as easy.

Here are some pics of the front after I reassembled everything:

Drivers Side Before:

Drivers Side After:

Passenger Side Before:

Passenger Side After:

Hub to Fender Measurements
Before: After:
DF - 19" 22.5"
DR - 18.5" 21.5"
PF - 19.25" 23"
PR - 19.5" 21.5"

As you can see Above I cleared over 3.5" of lift in the front, not sure if thats a good thing. All I did was OME927's with Bilstein H0's and boilers 3/8's shims. No clevis lift. Of course though my stock suspension was wore completely out.

I'm not sure why but when I hit a significant bump in the road all four coils sound like they kinda pop. I'm not sure if they're just stiff and not broken in or what but, it sounds kinda bad. I've got extended Teraflex bumpstops (not installed just yet) but I don't think the struts or shocks are bottuming out because these bumps aren't that big but it kind of sounds like it. Also there is a good amount of clearance between the UCA and the coils and no evidence of them hitting. Also after the install my trans lags a little like when I drop it into gear it takes a second to engage then when it does it jumps a little then its fine from there on out. Also tonight while cruising around trying to break in the springs a little before I get an alignment, the thing just dies in the middle of a parking lot as I was coasting through. It started right back up but the RPM's were idling just above 500 and I don't recall it idling that low regularly. I don't know if these have anything to do with the lift or not or if they're just flukes but regardless.

Here is the difference in OME948's and Bilstein H7's compared to wore out stock setup.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks great!

To be safe, I'd get Tera Flexes in before alignment. Chop the rear ones a bit too, so you get the full benefit of the lift. :D

That issue in unrelated I think, could be bad gas.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Looks great!

To be safe, I'd get Tera Flexes in before alignment. Chop the rear ones a bit too, so you get the full benefit of the lift. :D

That issue in unrelated I think, could be bad gas.

Yeah I plan on putting them on today. And I figure I will have to shorten the rear ones, but what about this popping noise when I hit bumps?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
You get the swaybar tightened down really good AFTER the vehicle was back on the ground? If not, that's a common places for rattles/pops after lifting.

Thanks yote! That fixed the problem lol it was really loose, I didn't think anything about tightening it after I dropped it down. Thanks again! Got my front teraflexes in today also! Now I just gotta cut the rear ones down a little and got my alignment scheduled for monday then I'll be set!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, Blue.

Your undercarraige looks really clean. Did you paint your control arms and stearing knuckle, or is that just what they look like when a KJ doesn't spend it's life in the salt belt?

Looks like new discs and calipers too?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Looking good, Blue.

Your undercarraige looks really clean. Did you paint your control arms and stearing knuckle, or is that just what they look like when a KJ doesn't spend it's life in the salt belt?

Looks like new discs and calipers too?

Nope everything was old and rusty! But with new paint brought new life! I'm a part time painter for extra money (not anything clear coated: boats, trailers, houses, etc.) so I decided I'd spice up my rig too cuz I hate seeing all that rust!

Like this!
These were pics of from my How To: WesWay Lift compared to my latest install of my OME/Bilstien Lift.

Last edited:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a post you had some 265/70/16 BFG AT's, are you still going to use them?

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your new Avatar. Sadly I still cant figure out making mine. I have very few pics of the Jeep and the ones I do have are on my cell phone so I cant really post pics.