blue_kjR417 is gettin' lifted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
He is a good guy and will call you back,he did the samething with me so just kick back and have a cold one

I don't doubt it, I just don't like waiting for anything I buy online (especially when I no longer have $755.20 and nothing to show for it either). But anyway I guess I should've checked the fbook page and waited to order. Oh well...

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue,
Any updates on this? I put my suspension on last year and then did the A arms with new tires about a month ago and I couldn't be happier.
"You my boy Blue!"

DJ

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Blue,
Any updates on this? I put my suspension on last year and then did the A arms with new tires about a month ago and I couldn't be happier.
"You my boy Blue!"

DJ

No updates, like GJJ said his JBA facebook page did say he would be out of town from the 16-19th but I ordered it on the 13th so I don't understand why he couldn't have shipped it tuesday or even wednesday? He did accept my friend request and allow me to join the JBA group on facebook last night which makes me think he's back already instead of the 19th but who knows these days he could have been on his iphone or something. Also he might have put til the 19th to have the weekend free too.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well I emailed Marlin at the last minute last night to see if he had shipped my setup yet because I wanted to try to get him to swap my 927's for 790's but he replied back this morning and said he sent it out via UPS last Wednesday and gave me the tracking number so, it's supposed to be here this Wednesday! I'm gonna install it thursday afternoon and will have plenty of pics to share! I can't wait! One question though, Will I need my factory top plate off my current front coils and struts put onto my new ones before I can install them? In other words do I need to take my old struts to the place that is going to assemble my new ones?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One question though, Will I need my factory top plate off my current front coils and struts put onto my new ones before I can install them? In other words do I need to take my old struts to the place that is going to assemble my new ones?

Yes, I did. The OEM top plate is part of the structure of the coil pack. Boiler's shim just acts as an extra spacer.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yes, I did. The OEM top plate is part of the structure of the coil pack. Boiler's shim just acts as an extra spacer.

Alright I thought so! I just wanted to make sure before I went down to the shop with out breaking down my jeep and getting my old ones out! Thanks Jo!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well, turns out my shocks and struts were shipped from "shockwarehouse.com" and they arrived today.

You must be registered for see images

My springs however were not already in transit like Marlin told me at 5:45 this morning. I checked the tracking number on them today and it said the origin scan was at 2:32PM this afternoon. Therefore, he could have easily swapped my 927's for some 790's but wouldn't without me paying 20% restocking fee and additional shipping! I've not been too impressed with this experience with JBA. Now my shocks are here and I'll be lucky if the springs are here by friday!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll be happier with the 927s anyways as the 790s unless you have an aftermarket bumper would ride to rough.

Too bad you haven't gotten the springs yet, I have brand new extra 927s sitting in the garage! :gr_grin:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see pics of your lift after its installed. I was thinking of this same set up for my 07.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
You'll be happier with the 927s anyways as the 790s unless you have an aftermarket bumper would ride to rough.

Too bad you haven't gotten the springs yet, I have brand new extra 927s sitting in the garage! :gr_grin:

Well, see tom I was planning on building me a bumper this summer thats why I wanted the 790's. But yeah that does suck.

So how much did all of this set you back?

$755.20 for OME 927's and Bilstein H0's up front with Teraflex Extended Bumpstops and OME 948's Bilstein H7's in the back. I'm fabricating my own rear extended bumpstops at home. This amount was just for the parts. I'm doing the install my self, but I'm going to have the front coils and struts assembled at a local shop for $50 because its very dangerous and I don't want to try it. Also after the lift I will have to have an alignment done due to the new geometry of the suspension for $55. So Total I will have around $860-870 dollars in this lift.

Cant wait to see pics of your lift after its installed. I was thinking of this same set up for my 07.

I will have pics up as soon as its done!

Last edited:

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn thats more than I was expecting. I daily drive an 06 Tacoma which I'm running OME 885 coils and Bilstein 5100s all around and Icon AAL in back. Total was around $700 with the Tacoma Forum discounts. The Jeep is what we pull behind the RV and basically everyone takes a turn driving it. Most of the time it sits in the barn.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Damn thats more than I was expecting. I daily drive an 06 Tacoma which I'm running OME 885 coils and Bilstein 5100s all around and Icon AAL in back. Total was around $700 with the Tacoma Forum discounts. The Jeep is what we pull behind the RV and basically everyone takes a turn driving it. Most of the time it sits in the barn.

I bet it'd be more of a fight for those turns driving if it were lifted lol

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I made me some home made rear extended bump stops today. I got this 1.5" thick piece of Nylon from a friend and cut out four 3" diameter discs out of it with a hole saw. I know double stacked 1.5" discs equals 3" but, with an extra upper isolator on my factory bumpstop thats stealing another 0.75" of its length. So they wil be about 1/4" too long but I figure it will be fine no more than they will get used.

After I cut them out and drilled the pilot hole out bigger to fit the 5/16 bolts, then I counter sinked them so that the square neck on the bolt would slip down inside the nylon disc too. After they were the size I needed and wanted I bedlined them with some left over roll on bedliner I had to keep that white from sticking out underneath my rig. I'm very pleased with the way they've turned out and can't wait to install them with new suspension!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: