Black Leather Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mixster46

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just purchased an 2002 KJ Sport model. It has a complete Black Leather interior (including door panels) . Has the word JEEP embroidered in the back rest. The original ower said he purchased it off the dealers lot with this interior. I can't find any mention of this in any literature. Any ideas ?I just uploaded pics. Note that the pattern is the same as the light colored leather interior. Also the color of the embroidery (light blue) matches the color of the truck which is Steel Blue. My shop is putting head gaskets on this Jeep after which it will be offered for sale.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is definitely not factory, sounds like the dealer did that. Any pics? Sounds cool!

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had black interior in my first 04 but no leather door cards and definitely no embroidery

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Please post a photo of your seats/ interior !
My factory 04 seats look like this...

Attachments

• Jeep Seats Small6.jpg
    Jeep Seats Small6.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 34

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 seats are totally different headrests are detached and all one color dark grey leather

Sent from my PNDPP44QC10 using Tapatalk

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes me hate my factory charcoal cloth seats just that much more! Lol..
But around here I've only ever seen the same seats I have, not even the leather ones which seem to be decently common..
Only difference in interior I've run into around here is sometimes the door panels having the cloth on the upper part of the door panels.. though I'm thankful mine doesnt have that.. never liked the look of it

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yours came factory like that?? I always wondered where you got them.. that's awesome!

Yup factory!
The build sheet has them listed as Seats: Two tone cloth/vinyl with Logo.
All part of the Rocky Mountain Edition Group / $3085 customer preferred package 28R- leather wrap steering wheel, cruise, A/C, fog lamps, 17" wheels & 21 other items...in that package.
Skid plate group was a separate package @ only $180. Deal! :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda makes me hate my factory charcoal cloth seats just that much more! Lol..
But around here I've only ever seen the same seats I have, not even the leather ones which seem to be decently common..
Only difference in interior I've run into around here is sometimes the door panels having the cloth on the upper part of the door panels.. though I'm thankful mine doesnt have that.. never liked the look of it

You have to look and know where to find them
Mine came from a great Jeep Salvage yard on the Ohio / Pa border
full set ( front and rear ) for less than 300 out of an 03 Limited

Mixster46

Reaction score
I just uploaded pics. Note that the pattern is the same as the light colored leather interior. Also the color of the embroidery (light blue) matches the color of the truck which is Steel Blue. My shop is putting head gaskets on this Jeep after which it will be offered for sale.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to look and know where to find them
Mine came from a great Jeep Salvage yard on the Ohio / Pa border
full set ( front and rear ) for less than 300 out of an 03 Limited

Trust me brother I've looked everywhere within 100 miles, but anywhere outside of that range seemed pointless to drive for seats when mine are fine, just tough as sitting on a board lol
Granted some of the further away places could have gotten some in since then, I haven't taken a 50 mile drive for them in probably 2 years.. just learned to deal with my seats lol
That's a pretty good price for all the seats if they're in great condition though.
I did run across a set of tan leather for 200 but tan would look weird with my black interior and I'm not paying that for a worn set of seats..

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep my current 04 limited has detached also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me brother I've looked everywhere within 100 miles, but anywhere outside of that range seemed pointless to drive for seats when mine are fine, just tough as sitting on a board lol
Granted some of the further away places could have gotten some in since then, I haven't taken a 50 mile drive for them in probably 2 years.. just learned to deal with my seats lol
That's a pretty good price for all the seats if they're in great condition though.
I did run across a set of tan leather for 200 but tan would look weird with my black interior and I'm not paying that for a worn set of seats..

Never thought the 02-04 were that bad, have driven multiple trips of 10-12 hours at a time stopping only for gas in the 04 and never was uncomfortable.
But of course the 03 Limited seats I have in the 03 now are much better of course.
before lift, the poor lowly soul

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not terrible for anything under a few hours, but anything after that I just can't stand them lol.. even my Taurus before this had seats that are beyond comparison.
Damn maybe I should've gotten those tan leathers, that doesn't look as bad with the black interior as I'd imagined it would.. your kj is pulling it off pretty well!