Bilstein shocks with a 3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats about it sadly
Rancho used to have a great line of shocks in the RSX's but they discontinued them 4-5 years ago. Someone did find some a while back, musy of been in a back room somewhere
but if you want to do a search RSX 17004 was the rears, RSX 17505 were the fronts
Plus OME has already or are gotin to be discontinuing the 132Ls which were the longer rear shocks
We used to have Ironman also, but for some reason they stopped shipping to the USA in the past few months
Looks like Autoplicity still has the front 17505. Would you recommend them over the Bilstein?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best shocks you can get in order are probably the old Rancho's, OME, then Bilstein
If you can get the fronts I would definitely do so as long as they are FOR SURE the model number Tom gave you
We're losing a lot of good brands for our suspension and I highly doubt anyone will make extended shocks for us
Although, if you find extended rear shocks (for your size lift) for a YJ I'd assume they would work also with a bushing kit

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The best shocks you can get in order are probably the old Rancho's, OME, then Bilstein
If you can get the fronts I would definitely do so as long as they are FOR SURE the model number Tom gave you
We're losing a lot of good brands for our suspension and I highly doubt anyone will make extended shocks for us
Although, if you find extended rear shocks (for your size lift) for a YJ I'd assume they would work also with a bushing kit

One thing I do not like about the YJ shocks
compare the weight of a YJ to a KJ

FOR SURE the right number ? LOL of course they are, I can quote those numbers in my sleep, come on now ...............:Insane:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No no no I was telling him to make sure they were putting the right part # for the shock on their website
I know you know them all :happy175:
I agree with you on the YJ shocks, I'm not a huge fan of mine which is why I'll probably be switching to the Monroe's later down the road

SpaceGuerrilla

Reaction score
Budget

From jeepinbyal
4 OME coil springs 336.00
Front Teraflex bumpstops 46.00
from shockwarehouse
front shocks 208
rear shocks154
both bilstein
there ya go , of course some like to buy parts from multible places, I like to deal with one , maybe two incase of problems etc

BUT 744 that way
Buying everything through say JBA would be a few dollars more
His front shocks are 106 each
rear HD Bilsteins are 88 each over the regular ones I priced at shockwarehouse so a better shock but more $$$

Tom (first let me say this is my first post and first lift EVER) I just bought a 2005 jeep liberty CRD. I have a budget of $1200. I would like to do more than just a lift kit... IE chip tune, muffler delete, egr delete etc... for performance reasons. I am good to put parts on myself to an extent, I just don't have the knowledge, hence why I am asking this forum for help. I live very near the Gifford Pinchot National Forrest and enjoy having my XJ out there. I'd like to get this KJ out there as well. I'd like to stay as budgeted as possible, as I'm not interested in the 'lift' as much as I am interested in it's off-road ability. I'm looking at the OME kit but I have seen a bunch of posts about doing OME springs with bilstein struts/shocks... but I can't find part numbers for the bilsteins... What would you suggest sir?

Thanks,
Nick

PS the vehicle came with a REVTEK 2" Spacer Lift... are these reusable with anything or should I just Craigs List them?

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom (first let me say this is my first post and first lift EVER) I just bought a 2005 jeep liberty CRD. I have a budget of $1200. I would like to do more than just a lift kit... IE chip tune, muffler delete, egr delete etc... for performance reasons. I am good to put parts on myself to an extent, I just don't have the knowledge, hence why I am asking this forum for help. I live very near the Gifford Pinchot National Forrest and enjoy having my XJ out there. I'd like to get this KJ out there as well. I'd like to stay as budgeted as possible, as I'm not interested in the 'lift' as much as I am interested in it's off-road ability. I'm looking at the OME kit but I have seen a bunch of posts about doing OME springs with bilstein struts/shocks... but I can't find part numbers for the bilsteins... What would you suggest sir?

Thanks,
Nick

PS the vehicle came with a REVTEK 2" Spacer Lift... are these reusable with anything or should I just Craigs List them?

First off, way to revive a 2 year old thread. I actually read through it and learned a lot of good stuff. Finding these old threads and reading through them is a great way to become more acquainted with the Liberty. However, I think it'd be a good idea for you to start a new thread.

I'll respond with the limited knowledge that I have learned over the years of owning a Liberty. You've definitely started right by summoning the great TomMudd.

I could be reading this wrong, but I'm guessing that the spacer lift is on the Jeep. If it is on it already, then go ahead and measure your fender height, I believe stock is between 18"-19" from the hub, so if your suspension hasn't sagged much since replacement, then you should expect it to be around 20"-21". If it's less, then its time to consider replacing your struts, springs, and shocks. TomMudd Econo Lift is a solid way get the lift back. For the question of the rear shocks, his kit uses Ironman shocks. Bilsteins are also listed on the JBA site, here. I know that's not necessarily important to you, but if your specific goal is offroading, then ground clearance is a big part of that. There's other ways to improve your offroad performance besides a lift, and in my opinion that is via a locker. It's not a cheap upgrade, but it'll drastically improve the offroad capabilities of the Jeep, which I'm sure you know.

Anywho, get a new thread started explaining what's currently on the jeep, and your goals, then you'll probably get some more replies other than mine.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s right the rough country lift comes with longer rear springs and ****** shocks for the rear and then has a 3 inch strut extender for the front. With old shocks on the front you won’t get much lift and will destroy them. The back springs that come with it are cheap and will sag faster then factory ones but if you still wont to keep the lift that’s your call. You could try some Rancho RS6000 or 5000 shocks for the rear. I personally kept everything stock on mine until I get enough money to get a full ome lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Nick

For a CRD ONLY USE OME front shocks, nothing else works as well, 790 front OME springs 948 rear springs with OME 132L rear shocks
then Teraflex front bumpstops of course and 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down in the rear
Thats 2.5 inches of lift
forget using any and all spacer parts total junk even when new

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, way to revive a 2 year old thread. I actually read through it and learned a lot of good stuff. Finding these old threads and reading through them is a great way to become more acquainted with the Liberty. However, I think it'd be a good idea for you to start a new thread.

I'll respond with the limited knowledge that I have learned over the years of owning a Liberty. You've definitely started right by summoning the great TomMudd.

I could be reading this wrong, but I'm guessing that the spacer lift is on the Jeep. If it is on it already, then go ahead and measure your fender height, I believe stock is between 18"-19" 19 INCHES from the hub, so if your suspension hasn't sagged much since replacement, then you should expect it to be around 20"-21". If it's less, then its time to consider replacing your struts, springs, and shocks. TomMudd Econo Lift is a solid way get the lift back. For the question of the rear shocks, his kit uses Ironman shocks. NO YOU CAN GET ANY REAR SHOCKS Bilsteins are also listed on the JBA site, here. I know that's not necessarily important to you, but if your specific goal is offroading, then ground clearance is a big part of that. There's other ways to improve your offroad performance besides a lift, and in my opinion that is via a locker. It's not a cheap upgrade, but it'll drastically improve the offroad capabilities of the Jeep, which I'm sure you know.

Anywho, get a new thread started explaining what's currently on the jeep, and your goals, then you'll probably get some more replies other than mine.

WOW...................:favorites68:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, not an expert here. I was just trying to point him in the right direction. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers

Not ruffled at all,
Its just I have seen things that were not exactly right posted on Fakebook from here and LOST as the Holy Truth and then people start posting that info again and again, over and over and people thinking its right