Biggest tires no fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read on here that 245-75r16 is the largest you can run with no lift. I don't mind the gearing, speedo or mpg issue. I was wondering do the plastic fenders limit what size tire you can run. What is the largest tire you can run with no lift and trimming i don't mind trimming this is not for a daily driver. I have an 02 kj. with 200k miles so not looking to drive it across the country anytime soon. As i said i did search and i told you what i found. Alot of the older threads such as the 33s on no lift have no pictures available. Also pictures of fenderless lcog liberties would be great THANKS

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read on here that 245-75r16 is the largest you can run with no lift. I don't mind the gearing, speedo or mpg issue. I was wondering do the plastic fenders limit what size tire you can run. What is the largest tire you can run with no lift and trimming i don't mind trimming this is not for a daily driver. I have an 02 kj. with 200k miles so not looking to drive it across the country anytime soon. As i said i did search and i told you what i found. Alot of the older threads such as the 33s on no lift have no pictures available. Also pictures of fenderless lcog liberties would be great THANKS

First you are wrong about the size unlifted, ( running 245-75-16s )
with the way suspension sags on these 245-70-16s is as big as you can go and I've seen 235-70-16s rub.
As far as removing the flares it wouldn't really gain anything at all and just look bad in the end
To install any larger at all you need a full spring lift, no spacer lifts, nothing like that . Just full spring lift. There is only one way and time to do it right and thats now.

The 33s and no lift is funny , no one ever did that on a KJ

Last edited:

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the thread or find it now but i know i saw it, it was a big company that had it as a truck to show off there company's work. Any who i don't mind trimming her up to make tires clear. I really just want some 31x10.50s on it. Honestly i stuffed them under a tracker and a samurai i can't imagine i will have a problem making them clear a libby. But any picture of others trimming etc would be great i want to keep a lcog.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember the thread or find it now but i know i saw it, it was a big company that had it as a truck to show off there company's work. Any who i don't mind trimming her up to make tires clear. I really just want some 31x10.50s on it. Honestly i stuffed them under a tracker and a samurai i can't imagine i will have a problem making them clear a libby. But any picture of others trimming etc would be great i want to keep a lcog.

Sorry stock you are not going to install that size of a tire and not have it as a lawn ornament.
No way, been building/ lifting/ working on these KJs for 12 years now. Not going to happen. With a Tracker or Sammy you can trim some extra due to them having a frame, we don't so you start trimming/ cutting you are into the main structure .
Don't know of any company that had that size etc on any stock KJ and been on the forums ( here, LOSTJEEPs, JEEPFORUM and others ) since 2004

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry stock you are not going to install that size of a tire and not have it as a lawn ornament.
No way, been building/ lifting/ working on these KJs for 12 years now. Not going to happen. With a Tracker or Sammy you can trim some extra due to them having a frame, we don't so you start trimming/ cutting you are into the main structure .
Don't know of any company that had that size etc on any stock KJ and been on the forums ( here, LOSTJEEPs, JEEPFORUM and others ) since 2004

Damn uni-bodies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
here is an example , rear part of the front , you have this protrusion
You must be registered for see images attach

and behind the plastic is this

now this is where two body panels are welded together at the factory, this goes all the way from top to bottom , outer section welded to inner section ) so any cutting here and you lose strength in the whole structure

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

now this is where two body panels are welded together at the factory, this goes all the way from top to bottom , outer section welded to inner section ) so any cutting here and you lose strength in the whole structure

Looks like i am stuck rubbing then. :( EEHHHH we shall see what happens

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AHAH I found What i had read about the 33s no lift and i was right well idk because there are no pictures. Here is the link i was reffering to unless i am miss reading something.
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Building my 2005 CRD, 4" JBA lift, 33" KM2, 4.56 gearing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
AHAH I found What i had read about the 33s no lift and i was right well idk because there are no pictures. Here is the link i was reffering to unless i am miss reading something.
LOST JEEPS • View topic - Building my 2005 CRD, 4" JBA lift, 33" KM2, 4.56 gearing

I don't see anywhere that someone was running 33s and no lift , plus I know its impossible to do , heck 30 inch tall rub
If you are talking about William's he has over 4 inches of lift
He did cut some BUT not a good deal at all, trust me you do not want to start cutting into the pinch weld area. But then I guess if you hate the KJ and don't care about it lasting

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see anywhere that someone was running 33s and no lift , plus I know its impossible to do , heck 30 inch tall rub
If you are talking about William's he has over 4 inches of lift
He did cut some BUT not a good deal at all, trust me you do not want to start cutting into the pinch weld area. But then I guess if you hate the KJ and don't care about it lasting

The very first post in that thread he says he has the 33s on with no lift ad several inches of clearance. And is just waiting to install the lift for extra clearance.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The very first post in that thread he says he has the 33s on with no lift ad several inches of clearance. And is just waiting to install the lift for extra clearance.

I know him and friends with him , so know the whole story of his build
But go for it
was just trying to help and avoid having a dissatisfied KJ owner when done
BY the way he had to have over 4.5 inches of lift to run the 33s properly
Lots of pictures on Fakebook
He also went to steel front JBA diff with 4.56s or was it 4.88s on the CRD

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know him and friends with him , so know the whole story of his build
But go for it
was just trying to help and avoid having a dissatisfied KJ owner when done
BY the way he had to have over 4.5 inches of lift to run the 33s properly
Lots of pictures on Fakebook
He also went to steel front JBA diff with 4.56s or was it 4.88s on the CRD

Define properly, lol. I'm just trying to stay lcog. That's all. Will mainly be used for sand so width is all I really care about picking up a set of 245-75r16s on Monday for dirt cheap though will post pictures of either success or failure.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Define properly, lol. I'm just trying to stay lcog. That's all. Will mainly be used for sand so width is all I really care about picking up a set of 245-75r16s on Monday for dirt cheap though will post pictures of either success or failure.

PROPERLY as in installing a 4 inch coilover lift and having enough room for the tires to move back and forth and roll down the road.
Heck I can mount 25s on my 4 inch real easy, BUT not enough room to turn or flex and not about to start hacking away and ruining the structure just to run a set of tires :icon_lol:

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do ya think about 245/75r16s on my 02 libby. I read that since it is an 02 (unlowered) i might be ok. I don't mind some rubbing but i am driving two hrs to have them mounted. LOL Don't wanna get up there and be trapped, i doubt i will but also can't pass up a brand new set of a/ts mounted and balanced for 320.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What do ya think about 245/75r16s on my 02 libby. I read that since it is an 02 (unlowered) i might be ok. I don't mind some rubbing but i am driving two hrs to have them mounted. LOL Don't wanna get up there and be trapped, i doubt i will but also can't pass up a brand new set of a/ts mounted and balanced for 320.

02 is no different after all of those years, Ive had 07s in my garage with 78,000 that were sagged almost two inches . So even though the 02 was 3/4 of an inch taller, by now its more than likely at least an inch or more below stock height ( unless someone replaced the suspension )
measure middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front ( drivers side ) and report back

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
John317s worn out 245-75-16s on stock suspension

after we did some magic on it

busy day at Mudd's that day

Last edited: