BF Goodrich Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwmir

Reaction score
I am planning to put BF Goodrich Tires 235/70/R16 on my stock 2003 Jeep Liberty but I have been told that they might rub in the wheel well plus that those tires are very heavy for the Liberty. I need some guidance in this respect and an insight on what is the best option. What is the largest tire that I can put on without having any issues like rubbing. Currently I have 215/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler's. I want to get something taller and wider and if possible with an All Terrain tread. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have 235-70 r16 ATs on my stock Libby. BUT... I have prelowered so it's a bit taller, and the tires are not BFG All Terrains, which are pretty aggressive with big sharp corners. So... after all that... I dont have a good answer to your question

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can run up to a 245/70/16 on stock KJ in most all cases. If you have 215s now you certainly should be able to put on 235s, a 235/70 BFG All Terrain is 29.1 inches tall and has a 9.5 section width on a 7 inch wheel, 245/70 is 29.6 inches tall and has a 9.8 section width, so not much difference I think I would have to try the 245s myself

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of 235/70-16 BFG AT/ko's on my 03 and have no rubbing issues, although they do fill the front wheelwells pretty good. It was funny though, when I was shopping for them how many places tried to talk me out of them. I was told they were only for off road (um, right..), that they'd ride rough and be very noisy. That being said, I've found them to ride good, and not noisy at all.

dnm45227

Reaction score
got bfg at/tko's on our crd. i want a set for our renegade, just have to wait until the stockers get a little worn.

btw, no rubbing at all, and yes some noise (that's what the radio is for though).

kwmir

Reaction score
265/75?

Would 265/75's fit a stock 2003 Liberty or is thatgoing way overboard? I located a guy selling a set really cheap.

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: 265/75?

kwmir said:
Would 265/75's fit a stock 2003 Liberty or is thatgoing way overboard? I located a guy selling a set really cheap.

Even with a lift you would still have rubbing...so NO

kwmir

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the response Brigrat. I thought that 265's would be too big. I think Jeep should redesign the Liberty Wheel wells so that the vehicle can accomodate larger wheels. I guess this vehicle was meant for the "soccer mom" and not guys. I got it cause of my wife. If I had my way, I'd rather have a CJ or a Rubicon.

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwmir said:
I am planning to put BF Goodrich Tires 235/70/R16 on my stock 2003 Jeep Liberty
Thanks in advance.

mine, and I assume all limiteds, came stock from factory with 235/70-R16

kwmir

Reaction score
stock....

My Liberty is not an Unlimited...its aSport and I think the Sport comes with 215/75/R16's. What is Jeep thinking when they do stupid stuff like that?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Twas an upgraded tire size. Those 215/75s were TINY! (tiny looking at least.)

Speaking of tires, the Liberty when stock looks so much better with 245/70s.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be very happy with the BFGs in that size. That is what I have, I have about 60000 miles on them and they are just needing replaced now. Unless I can get a good deal on the Silent Armors, I will be getting them again.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
desertkj said:
You will be very happy with the BFGs in that size. That is what I have, I have about 60000 miles on them and they are just needing replaced now. Unless I can get a good deal on the Silent Armors, I will be getting them again.
The only problem I have with these tyres is that EVERYBODY HAS THEM! Kinda irks me...

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
They will fit fine.

Post pics when you get them! \:D/

Hi -- remember me jeepjeepster ?

Sorry for bursting in like this, but I am in kind of same situation,

I now in winter time with snow and ice have standard dimension studded Hakkapeliita tires on my 2003 crd KJ.

I have now lifted this baby 2" with a super OME lift !

I really should need some help in deciding on wheels to be used in
SUMMER time ( I also have a third set of tires -- a set of Bridgestone Blizak tires to use in spring/ autum when the winter dimizes)

BFG like discussed here
or
Revo
in 255/ 70 on std aluminum whels - or is it to big ?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I remember you Fjellfinn.

I wouldnt get anything over a 245/70/16 with that lift. I had some 255/70/16 and they rubbed the front when turning and rubbed the rear when flexing without extended bumpstops. I also had the OME lift at the time.

it depends on what you will be doing with your jeep. I would say that the revos would be alittle better for noise and onroad driving. The BFG's should be better in mud. O:)

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
yes, I remember you Fjellfinn.

I wouldnt get anything over a 245/70/16 with that lift. I had some 255/70/16 and they rubbed the front when turning and rubbed the rear when flexing without extended bumpstops. I also had the OME lift at the time.

it depends on what you will be doing with your jeep. I would say that the revos would be alittle better for noise and onroad driving. The BFG's should be better in mud. O:)

OK.

I have now checked with my local tire dealers:
Bridgestone REVOs (and yours Yokohama) is completely unknown for them, so they have to special order them at a higher price.

I am "stuck" with Cooper, Goodyears and other normal on road 235 / 70 -16 tires,

OR go for BF Goodrich A/T -- which they have in stock and will sell at "nice prices"

So my concern is no longer what make of tires, but what dimension?

Will a 255 size rub ? What size will look best on my 2" ome lifted KJ ?

PS:

Look at this web site, at bottom:
http://www.rocky-road.com/kjome.html

Due to Norwegian law I had to buy the ome kit here in Norway.
What is these Front spacers at usd 20 each?