BF Goodrich Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
If you can get the Revo's, I highly recommend them. I am getting EXCELLENT tred wear. I've had them on now a year and 3 months, and they still look like the day I got them. The performance from them is outstanding. I have spun/slid on them NOT ONCE, and I like to have some fun in the rain taking off from lights....atleast with the goodyears I did (biggrin).

I was a little hard pressed to pay the price at first, but i'm glad I did. The mild offroading i've done with them only adds to my liking. As well as the little bit of snow they've seen. I am also quite impressed with their performance on ice too (since we all know that NOTHING grips ice).

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I was a little hard pressed to pay the price at first, but i'm glad I did. The mild offroading i've done with them only adds to my liking. As well as the little bit of snow they've seen. I am also quite impressed with their performance on ice too (since we all know that NOTHING grips ice).

Please note that these BFG (or Revo ) will NEVER be used on ice or snow !
Never in wintertime -- only in the three summermonths June, July and August, partially May and September.

For the period December to April we have (normally) 1 meter snow and very icey roads -- so I use heavily studded tires such as Nokia Hakkepelitta SUV.
For the transittion periods April - May (which usually are icey roads in morning) and September - December I use wintertires without studs, like the Bridgestone Blizzak DMZ3

At the momemt I have 12 - twelve tires - for my Jeep, perhapse kind of luxury, but tires are like shoes, and I like to drive safely:)

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of 245/70 R16 General Grabber AT2s from Tirerack for $83 a piece. Nice tires...stiff sidewall, grabby offroad, stable and quiet onroad. 5 tires delivered to my house-$560. 5 Tires mounted and balanced by my buddy who works at a tire store-$25.
BFGs T/As would have run me more than $850 to my door. Are the BFGs better than the Grabber AT2? Yup. Are they $350 better for a set? IMHO, heck no. It's like 90% of the tire for 50% of the price. Do some searches and look at the reviews on Tirerack. There's a general consensus that they are very comparable to the BFG T/As and people like them alot. I'm satisfied.

dnm45227

Reaction score
i would have gone with the at2, but they aren't LT rated and have thinner sidewalls. taking those two factors and taking into account how my wife drives (more on that in a second) and the possibility of adding a hitch, we put bfg's on the crd.

now back to my wife. we had a grand am that (she claims) from a stop sign, took off, swerved to avoid a deer, and literally stuck both front tires in the air (ran on the curb, snagged the frame) and couldn't get traction. she had to call some one to unstick the car.

that's when i started looking at jeeps. i figured if they can take "trail rated" torture, then it should be able to stand up to her "city driving".

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol^
ok, im in the market for new tires in the next couple days. i know i want 245-70-16

BUT, cant decide if i want the Revo's, or the BFG A/T's

i take it offroad, not very often though, and i want something that will do good in mud and not needing someone to pull me out every other mud/water hole. will the BFG's be ok in the mud? or the revos? i prefer the revos because i have heard TONS of good things about them, they are a little cheaper than the BFG a/t's, but idk, a lot of people have the BFG's as well and heard good things about those too

i wanted the firestone destination MT's for when we go on offroading trips, but im waiting to get those for a 15" wheel in a 30x9.5x15 when i have the extra cash.

Members online