Before-&-After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbaldridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty's 2.5" coil lift.

Attachments

• Rusty's 2.5 003 (Medium).jpg
    Rusty's 2.5 003 (Medium).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 96
  • Rusty's 2.5 009 (Medium).jpg
    Rusty's 2.5 009 (Medium).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 109

tbaldridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you! compared to stock...really no difference other than being up a little higher :) still smooth! I'm pleased with the rusty's setup. i have a set of the soft 8's that i will put on this week after i decide on some rubber. Probably going to go with the michelin LTX a/t 2. it's a practical a/t tire for the road.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
othose soft 8s look good on the KJs, just wondering but why are you pleased with Rustys lift, and why did you choose the rustys lift? was it b/c of the price?

(not wanting to start a lift bash again)

tbaldridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to answer your question jsc7002...
no, price was not a variable in my decision making while trying to find the lift that suited me best. i do not intend on mounting an ARB bumper or adding any extra weight to the vehicle for that matter. i also never plan to go down any ******** trails either. i do however go camping and fish whenever possible so the extent of my off road adventures will be down a dirt road for the most part! i'm pleased with rusty's products because it gave me the lift, look, and will enable me to get the stance i want. i also wanted to change the look of it a bit to separate it from all the other Kjs running around town.

-jeepkj02...mud sold separately :)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
peepwall.gif Nice lift tbaldridge.

As for the reasons for your choice in lifts (Cheers) I couldn't have said it better myself....wait, I did say those almost exact reasons for my choice of lift somewhere.:rolleyes:

Did you do the install yourself? I like your last reason, " to change the look to separate from the rest of the KJ's". My KJ is the only one around where I live so far, I get alot of double takes by people.

Let us know how much you " un-lift " when the kit settles in a few thousand miles.

Edit: What size of tire you gonna run?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Really changed the look of that Jeep. Any plans for those SR/As?

tbaldridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i already have a set of the crager soft 8's and am planning on purchasing some new tires this week...still trying to decide on what brand. i've narrowed it down to the firestone destination a/t or the michelin ltx a/t2.
any suggestions...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Tom, no hard feelings from this end. We were just having a friendly debate on our opinions. (argue) But then it turned personal from others, which I didn't appreciate(Argh)(Argh)

So, before the dogpile got any bigger, I left. outtahere.gif

We agree to disagree, so lets leave it t that.;)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i already have a set of the crager soft 8's and am planning on purchasing some new tires this week...still trying to decide on what brand. i've narrowed it down to the firestone destination a/t or the michelin ltx a/t2.
any suggestions...

I think a few people on here have the Firestones and have been happy with them. If the LTX is the tire I am thinking of, then that is a good highway tire, but not so good in the rain or mud. Like I said, I'm not sure how many LTX models there are, the ones I am thinking of I have seen on larger vehicles like Yukons. Personally, I'm on the second set of BFGs and highly recommend them. Grippy, long tread life, decent road manners, and good styling. My only complaint about them is a little more road noise.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Last Nov. I bought a new set of Michelin LTX XC4's thru Sears. I wouldn't recommend those tires at all. First snow we had, I slid off the road in 4 wheel drive. They had no grip what so ever.

I took them back to Sears and got my money back. Now I run the BFG AT's. Hopefully these tires will be a better choice for me and my driving conditions.

Thats the great thing about Sears, 30 day money back garuuuuuuuntee.:)

tbaldridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...i got tired of looking at the pictures on tirerack.com so i decided to take a trip to Sears this evening and look at the michelin ltx a/t2. Didn't care for them at all. So i went back into town to Firestone and picked up a set of the Destination a/t's! We'll see how it goes!!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I looked at those too, read the reviews, and they were right up there for a great all round tire. If Sears had them in stock, I probably would have driven home on them. They seem popular with alot of positive response.

I hope my BFG's run good in the snow, thats all I need to worry about. Some say they are great, and others say terrible.......we'll see.

You know we gotta see them

pics2.gif

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran the Firestone destination ATs for quite a while before and after lifting and they did great in all kinds of Ohio crappy weather, I wanted them again, but also wanted to try out some other kinds so ....

kj924
nope no hard feelings at all, just had to mess with ya some, its good to disagree, at least thats what my wife says!!!!!!

Tom