BCM for my friend's new KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just delivered KK Limited built 7/09. He is having intermittent problems with keyless entry and remote start. Also the TPMS has an error code. (I don't know the code.) The dealer ordered a BCM. Sound right? I can believe it if those functions were on the same IC chip, otherwise I am suspicious.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I know what a BCM is... It controls far more than the 3 things I mentioned. All of which work fine. I am just wondering if a reset or reflash would fix it. Or if anyone else had the same problem.

Last edited:

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no BCM on a KK. You have the WCM(wireless control module) which controls sentry key, TPMS, and RKE functions. This module communicates through the CCN (instrument cluster), which in turn communicates with the TIPM (totally integrated power module/gateway module). The TIPM takes the place of a BCM, and controls most of the same things that the old BCMs did.

If he is having problems with RKE and TPMS, he probably had a WCM ordered. We have a TSB out that discusses problems that are corrected with the new updated WCM. This is fairly common.

Members online