Buying a new Wrangler soon...opinions of them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burro II

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a new Wrangler. Local dealer says they can take a deposit on an order to my specs and get the vehicle built and delivered in about 6 to 8 weeks. They say the factory is highly limited to bespoke orders like this.

Looking to get a two door. Mid range of features etc.

Do any of you own a current generation Wrangler? Happy with it?

Opinions welcome.

The Liberty is not getting any younger and I think it might be wise to get a new vehicle while I can, since the $ is just sitting idle otherwise.

We also just bought a new 4 door Tacoma, so the 4 door issue is solved.

Thanks for your input.

Burro II

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear the Willys edition gives you the best off-road package at a more affordable price compared to the crazy expensive Rubicon.

Burro II

Reaction score
The offerings are dizzying. But after a LOT of digging through the confusion I concluded the same thing. Willys, not Willys Sport. 39K and change. Add $2500 for auto box. Add another $3500 for four door.

Engine is start/stop. Hate those things.

Expensive brand. Yikes! What's the alternative in new off road rigs? The new Ford Binky, er Bronco?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just don’t become a mall rated wrangler douchecanoe, and only buy one that has round headlights and you’ll be fine.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried to like the new Wranglers, but for the prices they want not worth it
Agreed. I’d probably think about a low mileage xterra prox or something like that and save 30k. I mean it is an off-road vehicle, right???

DinkyDauBilly

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a new Wrangler. Local dealer says they can take a deposit on an order to my specs and get the vehicle built and delivered in about 6 to 8 weeks. They say the factory is highly limited to bespoke orders like this.

Looking to get a two door. Mid range of features etc.

Do any of you own a current generation Wrangler? Happy with it?

Opinions welcome.

The Liberty is not getting any younger and I think it might be wise to get a new vehicle while I can, since the $ is just sitting idle otherwise.

We also just bought a new 4 door Tacoma, so the 4 door issue is solved.

Thanks for your input.

Burro II
We have a 2018 JLU, bought new, the 3.6L and the 8 speed auto. It's mildly lifted, with Wildpeak 255/17's, and a Gobi Stealth. Added an aftermarket front bumper and winch. We love it. I've driven older models and loved them, too, but this one really works very well for us. Good ride; good mileage, good performance. We don't do rock-hopping but we do manage to get off-road. We also haul a small popup camper with no problems at all. Right now seems to be a seller's market, though, and dealers are not nearly as willing to 'deal' as we saw a couple or three years ago.

We have a 2002 Liberty Sport which is our daily driver, and still going strong.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online