Reprogram BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techdad

Reaction score
I'm the 3rd owner of an 06 Liberty Renegade edition. It has keyless entry and ignition sentry. However, according to the MOPAR build sheet, it does not have factory alarm. It did have factory remote start which was not working when I bought it. I could tell by the wiring the remote start was dealer installed. I removed the remote start using the "install" instructions. While doing so, I could tell a prior owner had also removed an "aftermarket" alarm.

I shopped for aftermarket alarms that use OEM keyless entry remote. But the ones I found require a fancy flat screen entertainment system for programming.

With the additional factory features like overhead information center, fog lights and roof mounted lights, etc. I am sure my BCM is the deluxe version. Can it be reprogrammed to activate the factory alarm system? I would prefer the simplicity of activation with the keyless entry key/remote.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you lock your Jeep with the remote from outside and then unlock the door manualy with the key does the Alarm go off?

Sitting inside the Jeep if you lock the doors with the remote do you see a small Red LED flashing rapidly on the dash? Does this light go out if you now unlock the doors with the Remote?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.