Ball Joints/ Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reynolds_Live

Reaction score
Been dealing with this crap as well and just now subscribed to this forum. My only advice when doing the upper is double check you have all the bolts into the bushings before tightening. Trust me. You do NOT want to go through the hell that I did fitting a bushing into a slightly bent frame.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Use MOOG ONLY greaseable front lower ball joints
Quality UCAs , nothing Detroit Axle etc
Rear Tri Link same way, most are junk and takes longer to install them than they last
The UCAs are not hard to change at all ,
remove airbox on right side to get to bolts
remove battery and have a good swivel to reach rear bolt on left side
remove UBJ nut, smack knucle with hammer and it will pop loose
LBJs the Autozones etc rent a tool that make it very easy to do
the rear LCAs will make it dance going down the road, let off the gas goes one way, hit the gas goes the otherway

KJs do not have a track bar, KKs do but not KJs ;)
Emphasis on greaseable.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I took my 2003 Liberty 4wd in for tires and alignment. They said it couldn't be aligned and needed lower control arms and ball joints. The shop wanted nearly $2000 for repairs. I am looking at all parts for <$200. Does anyone have experience with TruDrive parts?
Are you planning on keeping it or selling it in a month ?
If keeping it I would go for Moog greaseable lower ball joints and a better set of LCAs ( if they are really needed )

Front Lower Ball Joint

PART NUMBER: MOOG-K3199​

66 each

PART NUMBER: MOOG-RK641558 right side 175 each
PART NUMBER: MOOG-RK641559 left side

Cogscidawg

Reaction score
Are you planning on keeping it or selling it in a month ?
If keeping it I would go for Moog greaseable lower ball joints and a better set of LCAs ( if they are really needed )

Front Lower Ball Joint

PART NUMBER: MOOG-K3199​

66 each

PART NUMBER: MOOG-RK641558 right side 175 each
PART NUMBER: MOOG-RK641559 left side
She's a keeper! I'll look in to the Moog. I couldn't see why the control arm would need to be replaced anyway.

Dave_too

Reaction score
I am just fixing what is on the inspection sheet and it says "front ball joints,/rear control arm and ball joint". Going to do mevotech upper control arm and Moog lower ball joints on the front, not sure what to do on the rear.
Wasn't there a recall on the rear lower control arms depending on where your Jeep was from? Might pay to at least look that one up.

Latest posts

Members online